Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, new to the forum apologies in advance if the questions I ask have already been answered.
I’ve got a 2016 Muscle I’ve recently purchased, cake with V&H 2-1 comp pipes. Sound great. Love loud bikes and if I could go louder I would at a drop of a hat.
Problem is, when I corner the thing scrapes the ground- Hard! Only happened 4 or so times but it is irritating me as now there’s a tinny rattle to it. Instead of fixing and possibly having the same problem again I was after an exhaust that is loud (extremely loud) and looks like the following pic. Does anyone know about the exhaust that I’ve attached- Type?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
On my 14 Muscle, I changed to V&H Comp slip-ons. Gigantic difference in sound (LOUD) ). If I wanted even louder, could take out the baffles.

On my 17 BMW R Nine T Scrambler, it had no sound. Took off the dual akropovics and installed Pro Race GP S1. Amazing sound, no tune needed. And there is not much in aftermarket products for this bike...but it worked!

On my 2010 883 HD, installed Bassani Sweepers in black. By far the LOUDEST !

https://youtu.be/HY7DU1E9vC4
https://youtu.be/sG9sCMWGkvo
https://www.denniskirk.com/bassani/...qGCh3XJAAiEAQYBCABEgI5ZvD_BwE&ad=228600803220
https://youtu.be/HseP4zgJR94

you can also check out GRCustoms....google it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had that exact exhaust when I bought my VRod Muscle. It scraped every right turn! I switched to the Bassani Road Rage B1 Exhaust For Harley V-Rod 2007-2017 from Revzilla.com and haven’t scraped once, although I have come close but it’s way better than before.

Here’s a couple pics of my bike before/after. I did quite a bit of work, but was all worth it. Good luck, they are badass bikes!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had that exact exhaust when I bought my VRod Muscle. It scraped every right turn! I switched to the Bassani Road Rage B1 Exhaust For Harley V-Rod 2007-2017 from Revzilla.com and haven’t scraped once, although I have come close but it’s way better than before.

Here’s a couple pics of my bike before/after. I did quite a bit of work, but was all worth it. Good luck, they are badass bikes!
Nice makeover. Wheels, color....
and the Bassani pipes are great looking with awesome sound !

·
Registered
49 Posts
That looks great - I was just lookin at mine last night and thinking about blacking out the front end.

Did you powder coat or paint? Any tips you learned that might be helpful? Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That looks great - I was just lookin at mine last night and thinking about blacking out the front end.

Did you powder coat or paint? Any tips you learned that might be helpful? Thanks!
Hey,
I did powder coat for all the blacked out parts. I pulled everything apart, except I couldn’t get the forks pulled apart to replace the front with progressive springs, due to needing a a special tool that can’t be bought anywhere and I didnt have welding equipment to make the part. So, I pulled them out and brought them to Harley Davidson to take them apart and put them back together with the new springs after powder coating them.

Advice:
- Get a copy of the vrscf owners manual

- Take pictures of everything before and after taking each piece apart to make sure you know how it all goes back together.

- When you put slide the forks back into the top/bottom triple clamps after powder coating, put plastic wedges in them to widen the spacing so you dont scratch the powder coating on the forks.

- When you get the powder coating done, make sure they dont coat the sliders or have any covers that might melt onto them. I cant remember if it was a plastic covering or the powder coat itself, but it didnt come off like he thought it would and I spent a couple hours cleaning it off.

Since everything was already apart, I also:
- put on lyndal composite brake rotors/pads up front

- powder coated the wheels and put on Metzeler ME880’s with the 260 size in the back

- upgraded to black goodridge brake lines

- upgraded the grips to kuryakyn kinetic grips

- upgraded to barnet stealth clutch / throttle cables

- added progressive 444 13.5 shocks to the back for a bit more clearance and better ride

- got some black covers from grcustoms.com for the axels and other parts. Also, I just ordered a bunch of their black metal bolt covers/buttons for allen heads in different sizes, so I’ll get those installed soon

- switched out the coolant to Bel-Ray Moto Chill Racing Coolant

- swapped out the air filter to the K&N Air Filter For Harley V-Rod 2002-2017. Already had the screamin eagle pro tuner installed when I bought the bike.

- added the passenger backrest and rack

- swapped out the mirrors to black ones off ebay

- swapped out the caliper screen imserts to black ones

- swapped out the light to an LED one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y2P17BJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

I’ll attach some pics of the process. Good luck. It’s definitely worth the time and work!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I run with the TAB slip-ons and I don't have a problem with them touching. I'll scrape the pegs but have yet to hit the exhaust. I also have a custom 2 into 1 pipe while still using the TAB Slip-ons and still no issues as he set them up to still mount in the same place.

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
Akrapovic are very nice. I ditched the Bassani 2-1 after it broke 3 times. The Slip ons were OK but still heavy. After putting this Akrapovic 201 on the bike not only looks amazing but performs amazing as well. The pipe is pretty lous if you take out the small baffle it ships with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.