Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, does Slip-Ons need tuning, a fuel management and a high performance filter? I have a 2015 NRS and want to install the baffled Slip-on by Tab Performance. Please help. Thx

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Question, does Slip-Ons need tuning, a fuel management and a high performance filter? I have a 2015 NRS and want to install the baffled Slip-on by Tab Performance. Please help. Thx
Probably. These slip on drop desirable back pressure and alter how the O2 sensors sample at lower rpms as well as altering the intake reversion. That and the fact the bike is already factory tuned lean. Filter is the least of the problem .
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Modification requires more Modification -

I put the TAB slash cut baffled on my '06 1130 and definitely had to adjust fuel - you should always optimize the fuel management with any exhaust system changes, or there will be little or no performance gains, and possible rideability and even engine problems. If you are lucky (like Ron says) the factory lean tune will not be even worse with less back pressure and overheat the exhaust valves and header pipes, popping and stumbling when ridden. Just talk to TAB they offer the proper fuel manager and probably have settings for it that can get you close to where you need to be, even with the O2 sensors. I installed super trapp conical stainless outlet caps on my two TAB outlets to trim noise and up the backpressure a bit and had to retrim fuel for just that change. :blahblah: :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the Tab Performance slip-on mufflers with the high-flow air filter. Based on my research I went with the Tab Performance auto-tuner. It was a bit of a pain because of the tight area under the air box cover, but it was worth it. The bike runs well with the exhaust and evens seems a bit cooler running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.