Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear V Rodders:I just recently purchased 2008 vrscawa with 6000 miles on it,totally stock,I drilled out the exhaust just to hear how it will sound,I put about 3o miles on it and am going to ad new pipes.First wil the drilling out of the exhaust hurt the motor ( thats why I parked her) and secondly I like slip ons,or would you recommend some other type,(Tab?).-Mr Large

·
Dean
775 Posts
Did you drill out the baffles?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you drill out the baffles?
Thank you for replying:No I did not drill out the baffles,I have drilled aprox. 8- 3/8'' to 1/2'' holes between the inner and outer baffles,I have noticed that the warm up before a ride takes a little longer due to the less back pressure,but I`m impatient and it`s about 35 degrees when I leave in the morning for work and its 60 degrees at lunch time,also I really like the look of the Tab mufflers and was trying to make a decision on which pipes to get with air filter (K&N) and Tab`s fuel commander.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to 1130 cc.com - there have been a few members here that have drilled 6 to 8 - 1/2" holes thru the end of the cans and have ran their bikes for years with no issues. Do a search as this subject has been brought up numerous times
Thank you Stomper for the info.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to 1130 cc.com - there have been a few members here that have drilled 6 to 8 - 1/2" holes thru the end of the cans and have ran their bikes for years with no issues. Do a search as this subject has been brought up numerous times

Here is one such thread

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143308&highlight=drill+pipes
Thank you Stomper for the info,I`m so glad I came across this web site all of you are a great help and thanks for answering so quickly-Mr Large

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Thank you Stomper for the info,I`m so glad I came across this web site all of you are a great help and thanks for answering so quickly-Mr Large
No problem - hang around long enough and we will show you how to spend and mod yourself into bankruptcy.. :broke::broke::angeldev:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know exactly what you mean I was on that path with my 2010 Fat Boy ,until I test rode the V Rod now I`m done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts