Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 DX with V&H comp exhaust and I want to swap out my forward controls to mids. I was wondering if anyone knows if this exhaust would work with midcontrols?
thanks

·
She f...in Hates me!
800 Posts
I have an 09 DX with V&H comp exhaust and I want to swap out my forward controls to mids. I was wondering if anyone knows if this exhaust would work with midcontrols?
thanks
Do you have the full system or the slip on? Take a look at the pictures on the V&H web site. The slip on sits much higher on the bike and crosses in front of the right side engine mount. This mount needs to be changed out and the foot peg attaches /sticks out where the lower bolt is on the mount. I'm talking about the stock Harley mid peg mounts not after market. If you have this type it's a no go. If you have the full exhaust which starts at the cylinder head, this style sits much lower on the bike and is not in the way. Hope this helps. Here is a link to V&H too.
http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/vrsc/fullsystems/75-106-9

·
Registered
1 Posts
VRSCD Controls

I've done a lot of research into switching mid-mount controls to forward on my VRSCD, have been to numerous dealers and custom shops and have talked to the mechanics who've switched the controls to forward controls and the general consensus is that it just isn't worth it. The process is rather complicated and very timely (5+ hours labour) and requires lots of small modifications and adjustments to complete. Again, it is possible, just a very difficult and costly process.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most people seem to get it done in 2 hours, in there garages. There's numerous posts on this :bash:. Don't be afraid of a little work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts