Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your thoughts on these three would help me! Thanks in advance!
D&D full system
Sampson street sweepers
The tt pipe (never seen them...anyone have a link)

Here's the story:
I have the sampsons but never installed them because I was waiting for 500 miles on the bike. Then I read all the negative sampson posts. Please help me. I want exhaust that sounds good and loud and get rid of the stock bulky pipes, and not loose power. Thank you.
-New V-rod owner

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
meyerz said:
Your thoughts on these three would help me! Thanks in advance!
D&D full system
Sampson street sweepers
The tt pipe (never seen them...anyone have a link)

Here's the story:
I have the sampsons but never installed them because I was waiting for 500 miles on the bike. Then I read all the negative sampson posts. Please help me. I want exhaust that sounds good and loud and get rid of the stock bulky pipes, and not loose power. Thank you.
-New V-rod owner
:vrodforu: As a Racer I want the most Power Producing Pipes Made!For me it's Easy The Turbo Tec USA's are the Best!If you live around Bad roads and are Very Hard on your bike cornering they might not be the Best for what you want.The Topic has been gone over thourghly so Spend some Time looking through old post and You will find what your looking for! :thumb:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
:stupid:
Or you could pick up the Supertrapp V-5 system.It pulls some great HP #'s.but the TT's will give you more. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Throw the Samsons in the Trash!

Buy the D&D Full System, It sonds AWESOME and Look Fantastic!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm looking for an exhaust setup that appears very close to stock. I believe SE makes a set. Are there any others that make stock-appearing pipes? Thanks.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
D&D slip ons look pretty close to stock, but they do cost a lot... I found mine used, so I am really happy with them. DRKS also look close to stock, and cheaper. Meyers, D&D 2-1s look good, and sound good. Friend of mine has them.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
lyonsd said:
I'm looking for an exhaust setup that appears very close to stock..
Your two best options are the Screamin' Eagle set, or send your stock pipes to Choppersteve to have the V-Mod done.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Yes they can be V-modded.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i like my samsons

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not negitive post here. Just installed Sampson Short Slashers . . . they rock!
They will here you coming plus they look great . . help show off the 400.00
chrome swing arm. Don't delay intall those street sweepers!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have found the 16 Gauge Screaming Eagle Pipes to be just loud enought, but not like straight pipes... My dealer indicated on the dyno an increast of 11 HP with the EFI Kit and HIgh Flow air cleaner...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I replaced my SE 16ga with D&D 2-1 system. They look good and no quality problems although they are a little to loud for me. I do have the SE 16ga for sale.

t

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Personally, I went with the Rineharts. It was the sound (not from the .wav file, but live, standing next to the bike).

HoldHard

·
Registered
715 Posts
I scare old people, young people, dogs and cats with my street fighter shorts and they bring out my chrome swing arm, sometimes I evern scare myself. :hidesbeh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts