Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 V-Rod Muscle. I see the exhaust has 4 bolts in the end of it at the tips. Has anyone removed those bolts and if so does the center of the pipe come out? Can you remove some packing/baffles then to louding things up? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lots of people have drilled some holes in the exhaust with good results. If you do some searching, I'm sure you'll find the threads.

·
Registered
135 Posts
2012 V-Rod Muscle. I see the exhaust has 4 bolts in the end of it at the tips. Has anyone removed those bolts and if so does the center of the pipe come out? Can you remove some packing/baffles then to louding things up? Just curious. Thanks.
Sounds like a Honda, doesn't it?
Remember the Honda ad, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda..."

The 2012's now have cats on them too.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Drilling your stock pipes is pretty much a waste of time. You're better off getting slip-ons (TAB or V&H) along with a Tuner to sync everything up.

·
Monkey
80 Posts
Drilling your stock pipes is pretty much a waste of time. You're better off getting slip-ons (TAB or V&H) along with a Tuner to sync everything up.
not if you don't have the 400$ for pipes and don't know when you will. . .only reason I'm disagreeing with you on this. but eventually I will get new pipes. until then my drilled pipes are better then stock.

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
$400+ for pipes, $400 for some kind of programmer, I'd go with the HD super tuner and $250+ for the dyno tune. To be honest some times on long rides I really miss the quiet. From what I've read the 2012's come with 118hp stock out of the box and if yours doesn't run smooth you can bring it to your dealer and say "FIX IT".

·
Registered
446 Posts
What's the first thing people say about a stock Muscle? Great looking bike, Is that thing running? LoL I Love the budget mods. Cheap or free is for me. Had i known i could of EASILY drilled out my stock cans I would of. The bike only needs a like sound. Now on a ride any longer than 30 mins I'm sporting ear plus. And FORGET wearing a fullface helmet.
Love the sound of my V&H slip ons. But there are pros and cons to everything.

·
Registered
67 Posts
A guy I met riding yesterday had a local shop completely remove the stock baffle and cut off the smaller inner diameter pipe flush with the end cap for $150. Pipes sounder louder, not as loud as Tabs (was riding with a guy with Tabs) and he didn't add a tuner. I asked him if it was running lean and he said no it ran the same as with the stock muffler.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Under those 4 bolts is a seal welded baffle kit. If you dremel or grind out the weld the baffle will slide out.(not Easily) The fiberglass wrap doesn't slide easy but it will come out. see my video in my signature line. The stock pipe mod video uploaded about a year ago. The drilling mod seems to provide good sound a lot easier than the gutting out mod.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Under those 4 bolts is a seal welded baffle kit. If you dremel or grind out the weld the baffle will slide out.(not Easily) The fiberglass wrap doesn't slide easy but it will come out. see my video in my signature line. The stock pipe mod video uploaded about a year ago. The drilling mod seems to provide good sound a lot easier than the gutting out mod.
Where can I find info on the "drilling mod"? Any videos of doing that? Thanks!!

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Where can I find info on the "drilling mod"? Any videos of doing that? Thanks!!
Use the search button above. There are actually a couple of different ways to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts