Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just starting to go through some of the video's of the sound files shot on the dyno at Gail's and will be trying to sort out the information posted by members and put them together with short clips of the bikes that can be downloaded. These I believe to be the most accurate sound clips to date of different pipes and setups.

CFR Topless: Video

Force Shorty: Video

Rinhart 2 into 1 topless:Video

Trask Turbo: Video

Vance & Hines Indy with the optional baffle and packing installed: Video

Stock AW with and without air filter top: Video

·
Have Gun Will Travel
467 Posts
Nice job. Better than our outdoor vids.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ron Williams said:
How about stock pipes with cut-out baffles?
I think I have some v-modded on the tape. I have about 20 different combo's to post and I'm building them as I get time.

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
I'm surprised the topless AW created that much more noise? Great vids- the jello brand giggly engine for some reason was painful to watch though, kept waiting for noise... maybe put a traditional HD sound track with it for confusion sake.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Max....GREAT WORK!!! i am sure this link will soon be a smash hit!! however, one suggestion....maybe you can shorten the intro to the vids some. It is a cool idea and looks great, but maybe a little shorter will save file size some and also allow faster viewing....which in return will allow for more riding time :)

keep up the great work.....LOVE THE SITE!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
awesome vids....thanks max!...

I was really hoping you could edit in text into each video the HP of each bike during the vid...that would have made the videos completley conclusive,not only would we know how they sound at speed but also what HP each pipe made....real apples to apples on same dyno...that would be awesome!

Dan

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NOS-DAN said:
awesome vids....thanks max!...

I was really hoping you could edit in text into each video the HP of each bike during the vid...that would have made the videos completley conclusive,not only would we know how they sound at speed but also what HP each pipe made....real apples to apples on same dyno...that would be awesome!

Dan

The bikes except for bubs pipes were all within 5 hp of each other no matter what pipe they used. The bubs were down on average 10% hp. We have found over the years that on average the hp numbers stay pretty much the same with a pipe and air filter change with some of the highest numbers coming from stock pipes. The rule here is don't change your pipes for HP, do it because you like the sound of a pipe.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
thanks for that max!...so the dual pipes dont lose as much as some guys say it sounds like....10HP isnt as bad as Ive heard.....horror stories of 30hp with duals...

It would be nice to know if the thunderheader does make more then most others,as i keep hearing....also sounds nice...i want one!

Dan

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOS-DAN said:
thanks for that max!...so the dual pipes dont lose as much as some guys say it sounds like....10HP isnt as bad as Ive heard.....horror stories of 30hp with duals...

It would be nice to know if the thunderheader does make more then most others,as i keep hearing....also sounds nice...i want one!

Dan
I haven't seen any lose 30 hp, even the bubs average about 10 -15.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Max said:
The bikes except for bubs pipes were all within 5 hp of each other no matter what pipe they used. The bubs were down on average 10% hp. We have found over the years that on average the hp numbers stay pretty much the same with a pipe and air filter change with some of the highest numbers coming from stock pipes. The rule here is don't change your pipes for HP, do it because you like the sound of a pipe.
Max, which Bub pipes are to speaking of? The Rinehart 2:2 or the 2:1 system?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ken the bub pipes were 2-2 pipes.

·
06 RED TURBO SE2
110 Posts
Those are great Vids! That is going to help many people out. How does the Trask sound in person? I am running VMODS right now but my Trask Turbo Kit should be in next week, and I have never heard what they sound like in person. I guess I will hear it once I've got the kit on (I'm gonna be like a kid a christmas!!!) but any input in advance would be great Thanks.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
crashandburns said:
Those are great Vids! That is going to help many people out. How does the Trask sound in person? I am running VMODS right now but my Trask Turbo Kit should be in next week, and I have never heard what they sound like in person. I guess I will hear it once I've got the kit on (I'm gonna be like a kid a christmas!!!) but any input in advance would be great Thanks.

If you have a good sound system the videos are pretty realistic in sound and quality. I still have several pipes to finish on the tape just trying to find the time to build them and convert them.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Thunderheader/topless/K&N on a 1250cc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
NICE WORK!!!

This will help in my quest to get the stock, fun wreckers off my 03. Just can't seem to let go of the sweeping curves on the stockers though. Suggestions???

This is gonna really get my nieghbor lookin over the fence when I blast this thru my stereo. Maybe he'll stop sarcasticly putting his fingers in his ears when I leave the driveway.....Dick!

THANKS to all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Max said:
I still have several pipes to finish on the tape just trying to find the time to build them and convert them.
Max, terrific comparison. Thanks for doing this. Any Tab pipes on that tape?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts