Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I spit Hot Fire!!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a little more sound out of my v-rod. I 'm not sure about drilling holes in the stock exhaust or cutting out the baffle. I don't want to damage the original pipes. This is my first fuel injected bike so I need some info on fuel mapping, etc. I want a rumble but not a headache. Thanks for any help. Websites please!

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Vaders Rod said:
I would like to get a little more sound out of my v-rod. I 'm not sure about drilling holes in the stock exhaust or cutting out the baffle. I don't want to damage the original pipes. This is my first fuel injected bike so I need some info on fuel mapping, etc. I want a rumble but not a headache. Thanks for any help. Websites please!
1. VMod for the exhaust, the website is on the home page.
2. K&N or Screaming Eagle air filter
3. SERT=Screaming Eagle Race Tuner

There you have 3 easy steps to get exactly what you are asking for.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Shadow11 said:
1. VMod for the exhaust, the website is on the home page.
2. K&N or Screaming Eagle air filter
3. SERT=Screaming Eagle Race Tuner

There you have 3 easy steps to get exactly what you are asking for.
:them:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
ditto....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I aksed a similar question and got the same response as posted here except I was told to use the PCIII.

Which is better? PCIII or SERT? and why?

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
packinDSS said:
I aksed a similar question and got the same response as posted here except I was told to use the PCIII.

Which is better? PCIII or SERT? and why?
IMHO the SERT is better because it is not a "piggyback" system meaning you flash the ECM and them remove the hardware. You also have alot more latitude in tuning as you can change the rev limiter. On the downside it is pretty complicated and you have to know what you are doing and fully understand how the Delphi system functions.

The PCIII is easier to get tuned on a dyno because there are many more tuners that are familiar with the unit. It is another point of failure though!

UPDATE From PC website, this is good news for PCIII loyalists

New Features for Harley Davidson
Dynojet Research is pleased to announce two new features for the Harley Davidson Power Commanders.

The first new feature is "Rev X-tend". This will give you the ability to have an increased rev limit over stock without having to modify the bike's ECM. No longer will you need to take the bike to the dealer to have the ECM "re flashed" in order to have the higher rev limit your bike needs with modified cams, heads, etc.
The second new feature is "Start Fuel". This allows you to add additional fuel during startup. On heavily modified and/or large displacement engines (i.e. 124 Cubic Inch) extra fuel is sometimes required to ease starting. This is a software adjustable setting that makes it possible to increase the amount of fuel injected into the engine during cranking without making the idle overly rich once the engine starts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Vaders Rod said:
My choice: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71801

1 - 9 of 9 Posts