Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a new member of 1130cc and also a new owner of a 07' Night Rod special. This is my first street bike. I'm looking to make the bike louder. I'm not overly concerned with HP but I don't want to lose too much power by changing the pipes. (love smoken those rice burners) Any recommendations? Any options without messing with a race tuner?? If not, which EFI? Can I do it myself? I'm pretty computer savy and my girlfriend's father is a mechanic who owns a fatboy. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
you could V-mod your exhaust (use the search tool up top and search V-mod and you'll find how to do it) and look in the EFI section and you'll find plenty of answers about which tuner to use. I use the pcIII and IMO it's great :thumb:

and :welcome:

·
Gigs07DX
469 Posts
Cheapest and easiest is to v-mod your mufflers, Take caps off, use a 1 7/8 hole saw and cut out around baffles, then may need a dremill to hone out hole and then slide baffles out, then replace caps. Sounds great, but you will need a pc111 and a k&n filter. Should also go topless air box.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats on the new Toy!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
lakedrunk said:
you could V-mod your exhaust (use the search tool up top and search V-mod and you'll find how to do it) and look in the EFI section and you'll find plenty of answers about which tuner to use. I use the pcIII and IMO it's great :thumb:

and :welcome:
Hey, Vic, do you have to dyno tune the PC111?

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
Welcome! You want LOUD? Go with the CFR. It is LOUD. I gained about 10hp with the CPR, PC III and AF. If you want not as loud, go with the v-mod. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try TAB performance...pretty nice set up, and reasonably priced. I love the sound of them, and Todd, the owner, is a good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm running the ST universals with everything else stock (no tuner, stock lid in place). The bike sounds good and runs good. I had it in for its 1000 mile service this past Saturday and the dealer said he wouldn't worry about anything. Not that a fuel controller wouldn't allow for fine tuning.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got the Vance & Hines 2 into 1. I love the sound. Not too loud but much better than stock. I painted mine black with BBQ paint. Pics to come soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts