Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
They are guaranteed loss of power.You will spend time on the dyno just trying to get back to the same power level w/ the stock pipes.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have a set of street sweepers.They are way too loud.There was an imense power loss.I never messed with fine tuning with um.

Elrod on the V=Rod

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have Samson Long Slashers. When they were installed without any other modification, I will agree that they were a disapointment. I installed the 1 3/4 baffle and a power commander and now it's great. I like the sound. It's a lot louder than the stock pipes.

If I were to do it again, I would go with the Vance and Hines Powershots. I went with the Samsons because another Vrodder bought them and thought they were to loud. So I got them practally new at half the price.

I think they look good and the company was helpful with tech support. But the Power Commander or race tunner is a must in my opinoin. I tried the HD stage 1 download in my EMC but I still had dead spots. With the power Commander, I used the # 11 map and I love it.

I have noticed that the headers near the engine have blued some but I have seen this on VRods still on the show room floor.

For what it's worth

Doug

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the samson short slashers. They are very loud. But I love it that way. I did the pwr comdr III and a map when I bought the bike and it runs great. I raced with a guy with mods and we were going 115+mph before he started to pull away. btw I out weigh him by 70lbs. very pleased

·
backcracker
735 Posts
I have the Samson Rip Saws and love the looks of them. I haven't been able to try them out yet since we got 5 inches of snow last night and they expect 5 again tonight. But I do love the sound. They are loud but I may try a baffle experiment come spring with a local bike shop. They are bent so you can't get the baffles in but I think that if we modify them we might be able to get them in and create some back pressure to make up for the projected loss of power. Either way, I love the way they look. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts