Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
dcg
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you, for the quick reply. If I get the '08 header pipes that fit the Thunder header, will this eliminate welding like what is needed on the'02 header pipes?
dcg

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i don't know the particular pipe your talking about but if its a slip on, you will remover the mufflers and the "3rd volume" thats in between the 2 header pipes and the mufflers. then the "slip on" should slip on. i used a little bit of orange RTV silicone sealant made for high heat, on the header pipes before the slip on is installed to help with exhaust leaks, don't put a bead on it, use your fingers to smear/wipe it around the pipe about an inch wide. then you'll need some type of mount to hold the pipe at or near the back.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
you will need to purchase some 2008 head pipes to fit the Thunderheader... the 2009 and later model V-Rods do not fit the Thunderheader... you can also use 2002 to 2007 head pipes but will have to weld 02 bungs in them... you can call me at the shop if you have any questions...207-782-9400 - Sharkey

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
also the Thunderheader slip-on is 3 pieces... 2 short header pipes and the collector...

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
thanks sharkey, i didn't realize they had changed the system that much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts