Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 VRSCA that is stock minus the Screamin Eagle exhaust. I bought the bike about 2 months ago. I have had no problems until tonight. I was out for a ride and all the sudden on the highway my bike got much louder. I pulled off at the next exit and looked at my exhaust. One of the Baffles came out?!?!?! I'm not sure how it happened or where it is now. But, now I have one pipe with a baffle and one pipe without. :banghead:

What should I do? It is loud now with one baffle out, I can't imagine it with the other out.

Will it hurt it if I do take the other baffle out?
Will it hurt it if I leave it the way it is with one with and one without until I get a replacement baffle or exhaust?
Can I get replacement baffles?

Thanks for the help!!

You can see my bike and pics of the exhaust here:
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142146

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't run it with one baffle in and one out. It will shake the motor apart, with one cylinder having back pressure and the other not. If you don't want to rip the other baffle out, see if anyone on the forum has their old stock pipes laying around. All off the guys here have replaced their stockers with aftermarket ones. I'm sure they'll be happy to mail them to you more a few bucks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also considering you have the Screamin' Eagle exhaust, you should make sure you have a Power Commander III or some sort of air/fuel programmer to make sure you don't damage your motor since your exhaust isn't stock.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Don't run it with one baffle in and one out. It will shake the motor apart, with one cylinder having back pressure and the other not. If you don't want to rip the other baffle out, see if anyone on the forum has their old stock pipes laying around. All off the guys here have replaced their stockers with aftermarket ones. I'm sure they'll be happy to mail them to you more a few bucks.
That's just not true with the way the stock 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust works.

If you have the SE mufflers that are shaped like the original mufflers,I'd find a muffler shop that is willing to fix the muffler that's broken,because the SE pipes are worth quit a bit of money.There's nothing fabulous about them,they just hold a high value since they have been discontinued.

You can find mufflers cheap on ebay,and sometimes here.
or,you could have the other muffler gutted,buy a SERT for tuning and have an awesome sounding V-Rod.
The stock pipes modified are the best sounding pipes there are for the Revo.

·
Free Wheelin'
241 Posts
You should be able to find just a replacement baffle (either in the classifieds section or on Ebay) for not too much.

I recently had a similar problem with my SE 16g exhaust. After a 5k mile trip, I noticed the bottom of my frame (below the exhaust) was covered in soot. Turns out, the crush flange suffered a stress fracture due to excessive vibration. I took it too a local weld shop, and for $90, they completely fabbed up a new flange. They also tacked in the baffles while they were at it. Sure beats paying $600 for a new (used) set of SE exhaust.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
:rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts