Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I have agreed to trade mufflers. Mine are stock on a 2003 and his are Screaming Eagle on a 2004/5. These are just the end muffler sections and he does not have a complete SE exhaust system. I like the sound and he doesn’t.
Can this be done without separating the two mufflers? This looks too easy, but wondering what might be the challenge.
I can use a wrench, but neither of us are mechanics.
Appreciate any guidance or suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You actually don’t need to separate the mufflers and if you do it makes things harder! I would give it 1/2 Beard for skills. Start off with loosing your two muffler inlet clamps 19/32 nut. Then your muffler mounts there are two that are at the torsion spring 9/16 bolts and nuts place some rags around the area and jiggle off. Reverse the process but before sliding the muffler assembly’s into place throw a bead of orange copper hi temp silicone inside the inlets of the mufflers to prevent chasing leaks and your done!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You actually don’t need to separate the mufflers and if you do it makes things harder! I would give it 1/2 Beard for skills. Start off with loosing your two muffler inlet clamps 19/32 nut. Then your muffler mounts there are two that are at the torsion spring 9/16 bolts and nuts place some rags around the area and jiggle off. Reverse the process but before sliding the muffler assembly’s into place throw a bead of orange copper hi temp silicone inside the inlets of the mufflers to prevent chasing leaks and your done!
Finally got around to making the switch. I’d say for us it was a full beard instead of a half. For some reason the rear bolt connecting the two mufflers to his bike was a allan which I wasn’t prepared for.
l love the new rumble and he loves his new quiet bike. Loud at acceleration only, otherwise it’s an improved rumble.
Thanks for the information!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts