Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the dealership told me I didn't have a leak at my third volume and my bluing was coming from running too lean. Though today I blew some smoke near the clamp to see if air was being moved and sure enough the smoke was being blown away from the clamp. Also, should there be black soot like material around the clamp itself. Here is a pic to show where I mean:

Thanks!

Sorry for not posting the pic, site won't let me because it was posted up here a while ago. The pic doesn't show too much anyway, basically what I described is how it looks. I thought it was leak and the dealer just didnt want to have to warranty out the heat shields. Is there any good dealer out there?? Freaking annoying!

·
Registered
223 Posts
louballs said:
Last week the dealership told me I didn't have a leak at my third volume and my bluing was coming from running too lean. Though today I blew some smoke near the clamp to see if air was being moved and sure enough the smoke was being blown away from the clamp. Also, should there be black soot like material around the clamp itself. Here is a pic to show where I mean:

Thanks!
Might wanna post the pic... Im pretty sure if there is air moving out, around the clamp, and there is black soot around the clamp there is some sort of leak... IMO

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
common to leak around this area. Re-adjust the clamp and tighten that sucker down - also some have used high temp sealer to insure a good seal. I personally have had a very slight leak and have been living with it - I think if I try to tighten any more I will break the bolt on the clamp.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
It is a leak, find a different dealer or do it yourself (like you did)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts