Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"Dirty Red"
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install mini baffles to calm down my CFR, does anybody know what the I.D. is at the collector?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I think it's 2.5.
did you try the cone baffle?
doesn't do much but you can sence the diffrance.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts

·
"Dirty Red"
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually want to substantially quiet down the bike but retain the look. So I do need the ID.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Triple7 said:
I actually want to substantially quiet down the bike but retain the look. So I do need the ID.
If you restrict the pipe much more than the vortex cone your bike will run like crap and you will not be able to tune it effectively. You can try some thundermonster baffles in the headpipes but those will rob your top end HP and have very little effect on the loudness.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
DTHDOC said:
If you restrict the pipe much more than the vortex cone your bike will run like crap and you will not be able to tune it effectively. You can try some thundermonster baffles in the headpipes but those will rob your top end HP and have very little effect on the loudness.
I'm going to disagree a tad bit there. With both the cone and the Thundermonsters in my CFR the tone is more muffled. It's still a nice, deep growl, but not quite as loud as just with the cone.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
NightMare said:
I'm going to disagree a tad bit there. With both the cone and the Thundermonsters in my CFR the tone is more muffled. It's still a nice, deep growl, but not quite as loud as just with the cone.
well it does sound better but it does not quit it as much as he wants it!
gotta love the throttle response though:notworth:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
NightMare said:
I wonder if you could weld up some of the holes in the cone to "help" quiet down the sound??

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Biker Bill said:
I wonder if you could weld up some of the holes in the cone to "help" quiet down the sound??
it will drastically decrease the flow characteristics of the pipe and performance will take a nose dive IMHO

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
DTHDOC said:
it will drastically decrease the flow characteristics of the pipe and performance will take a nose dive IMHO
Thats what I am wondering... Maybe fill a few holes. To bad I don't have a lot of $$ to test the idea. But thats all it is, an idea. Then again I like the way my CFR sounds as is with the Vortex and I believe I have it tuned to the best of my ability read (help from the forums). I like Kerri's setup with the Thundermonsters... Maybe I'll give it a try. Maybe.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
DTHDOC said:

What kind/how much of loss are you seeing on the top end?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I wonder if you could put some fiberglass matting in behind the cone?

What about 2 cones...get the 4 1/2" and 3" ones?

Just some ideers...

Kevin, here's a link to the dyno sheet: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=926572&postcount=519
I was very shocked, but Doc's right...throttle response is awesome and she pulls like a SOB!!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
NightMare said:

Just some ideers...

Kevin, here's a link to the dyno sheet: http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=926572&postcount=519
I was very shocked, but Doc's right...throttle response is awesome and she pulls like a SOB!!!
Women. I'm so glad your posting here! I learned something new again from you... and DOC.TKS!:thumb:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Biker Bill said:
Women. I'm so glad your posting here! I learned something new again from you... and DOC.TKS!:thumb:
What'd you learn?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
NightMare said:
What'd you learn?

I learned Vortex Cones work! Do not weld up any of the holes or you'll lose power.

And this sounds like a good idea to try. Less intrusive then welding.
NightMare said:

Just some ideers...
AND the link you posted to DOC's dyno pull was very informative! TKS:thumb:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Ah, I see! :thumb:

·
"Dirty Red"
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, I just wanted to know what The ID of the headpipes were. I am going to use the baffles to quiet it down. Besides, I got my ass handed to me by a Road Glide with a 124" so I don't think power will be an issue.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Triple7 said:
Okay, I just wanted to know what The ID of the headpipes were. I am going to use the baffles to quiet it down. Besides, I got my ass handed to me by a Road Glide with a 124" so I don't think power will be an issue.
Tripple call thundermonster (www.bigcitythunder.com) and they will get the right ones for you. I would check your budies road glide saddle bags for a NOS system I can see an awesome rider maybe beating you but not by a huge margin!

The dyno sheet above is of Kerrie's bike with my map, as soon as I get my bike back I am going to richen the MAP and re-tune the VE tables and send it to Kerri to see if there is any improvement in the power curves (I think there will be)

The thundermonsters are great though, does everything they say it will

1 - 19 of 19 Posts