Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members of the board,
I am aware of Turbo Tec's exhaust and Supertrapp's could any one give me any more info on exhaust that will perform and sound good on the bike. Thanx Mark

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Lots of threads here. V-Mod seems to be the most painless route.

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
I have an '04 VRSCB in black with V-Mod mufflers. It has a great sound and I get alot of positive comments. Very deep and rumbling sounds. Not annoying such as Samson, SuperTrapp, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V-Mods

Any idea how much horses gained with that set-up The slip on system is really heavy compared to other exhausts

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
They are heavy, but I'm running V-Mods and my bike dynoed @ 117 rwhp. I also have the fastest (to my knowledge) normally aspirated 69 inch V-Rod ¼ mile pass of 11.29 @ 119 mph.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
V-mods?? Again

O.K.sounds great exactly what is the V-mod is it the standard exhaust modified?? Who does this???

What about Turbo tecs exhaust?? 2 into 1 ?? Thanx for info
Mark

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
V-Mods are modified stock slip-on mufflers by Steve Rauch of V-Mod.com. He removes the inner baffle and leaves the outer baffle in place. The Turbo Tec 2 into 1 is probably the best PURE performance exhaust available. It has some shortcomings however. No heat shield and it's low.

John

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
How about the D&D full system. Read it should perform best when properly tuned (TurboTechs may provide more power). Liked it best from the sound files at V-Mod.com and really did not like how Supertrapp sounded. Anyway I am really looking for performance and will buy Supertrapp if necessary for power reasons but seems like they will touch the ground easily on every right hand turn when ridden hard (all the time). Really seeking feedback on the D&D full system.

·
2,552 Posts
Eduarprmd,

The attached pic is the D&D full system. They have a different sound than any other exhaust. The sound is raspy. IMHO, the fit and finish is not very good.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
John,
I don't want to burst your bubble but I went 10.93 @121 off the Juice"Normally Aspirated".You know what numbers I'm after so to me it was No Big Deal!:slap2:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Before I ran the Big system I made a few Hits off the Bottle just for the Hell of it!That was in 5300ft air also so figure that one out!:diablo:

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Israeli V-Rod: I have V-Mods and I have heard others say that the sound of the SE slip-on V-Mods is slightly quieter but with a different rumble dynamic which they say sounds much better...?

Can you compare and contrast the two? I have a set of SE Slip-on's sitting in the garage that I was thinking of modifying.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Only if my Free Passes come in!It Pains me to Pay to see Others Race!:yak:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Supertrapp v-5 or the Turbo Tecs.These 2 are the best pipes to get.
V-mods are cheap.But you still got all that weight on the right side.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts