Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Exhaust fell off!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Jay F 
#1 ·
My V&H slipon fell off! The left side fell the f**k off! Doing 70 on the interstate!
I assume that something came loose over time and it just went. I recovered the slip on however the passenger peg is gone. Does anyone know what pegs will mount up? Or do I need to find an OEM? I'm not sure of hardware that I may or may not be missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
My V&H slipon fell off! The left side fell the f**k off! Doing 70 on the interstate!
I assume that something came loose over time and it just went. I recovered the slip on however the passenger peg is gone. Does anyone know what pegs will mount up? Or do I need to find an OEM? I'm not sure of hardware that I may or may not be missing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Look right on jpcycles. That’s where I bought my aftermarket pegs.

#7 ·
Those pictured are not for the Muscle (I believe). The Muscle has a bracket bolted to the frame held on by 3 Allen bolts and the slip-on section of the exhaust is connected to this bracket. Sounds like those bolts worked themselves out and then the slip-on eventually dropped off.

#11 ·
The front rubber mounting bracket could use a stainless washer and cotter pin.I don’t know why it doesn’t already have this.I’m talking about the pipe bracket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.