Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 DX and I want to put on some pipes to make it sound more like a harley. Now, I know when it came to some sportbikes that I used to have putting on a full system exhaust vs. a slip on exhaust system would not yield much more hp gains if any over stock. Sometimes you could get as much power out of a slip on system rather than dump the extra money into a full exhaust system. Is this the same case with the VROD, or will I benefit more from putting on the full systems? Not really looking for overall hp but I am just curious if the V-Twin will respond the same as the sportbikes or not.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Put the CFR pipe on - it is a slip on which makes good HP and is one of the best sounding and looking pipes for this engine . You can get it in either chrome or black . :notworth:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that one, but I have heard that it is really loud and I don't know if I want that loud. Really just trying to see if there is an actual advantage to going with a full system rather than a set of slip ons. If anybody has dyno runs for a full system or a slip on please post them up.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which rineharts do you have?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
vrscd_special said:
which rineharts do you have?
I have the 2-2 which I like the looks of better to be honest.
Make sure you get a set of baffles with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine has those on his "B", man are they loud. I didn't know that there was a set of baffles for them though. Do they quiet down much with the baffles in?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Umm I cant answer that for you never heard them without I was told to order them with them from fellow members. If I rember right you can install 2 stealth baffles in one pipe to help with noise.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts