Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody. Im hoping that someone will be able to tell me what brand of aftermarket exhaust is this. There is no marking of a brand anywhere on the pipes. Its a 2006 screaming eagle. If it helps, I know they is no oxygen sensor on the exhaust system. Thanks a bunch for any help.

Attachments

·
Asatruar
2,945 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
It is a D&D not available for my VRSCR any longer I even tried buying parts from D&D Factory in Texas with no luck. But if you have a fwd. control bike they still make them for it last time I checked.Kinda loud but a great performing pipe. Good Luck !

·
ride 'em hard & wet!
37 Posts
It is a D&D not available for my VRSCR any longer I even tried buying parts from D&D Factory in Texas with no luck. But if you have a fwd. control bike they still make them for it last time I checked.Kinda loud but a great performing pipe. Good Luck !
So, You are saying, if I have mid-controls, D and D doesn’t carry them anymore? I am shopping for a reasonably priced exhaust for my stock 2007 nightrod with mid controls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, You are saying, if I have mid-controls, D and D doesn’t carry them anymore? I am shopping for a reasonably priced exhaust for my stock 2007 nightrod with mid controls.
I have NEW in box Chrome Vance n Hines 2 into 1 header. Part # 17555 $250.00 + shipping from 44509

·
ride 'em hard & wet!
37 Posts
I have NEW in box Chrome Vance n Hines 2 into 1 header. Part # 17555 $250.00 + shipping from 44509
Those look nice, and sound good too. I can’t find them on V&H for price though. Why are you selling them? I am not sure they would match up to mid-controls though. Thnx!

·
EXCELSIOR
8,376 Posts
Those look nice, and sound good too. I can’t find them on V&H for price though. Why are you selling them? I am not sure they would match up to mid-controls though. Thnx!
Vance Hines only made that pipe a short time and dropped it as it didn't sell well. It is a good pipe though, in sound, power and ground clearance. I have one myself and quite happy with it.
I personally think it one of the better looking offerings for this model, I hate the short drag type options.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Isn't the P/N 17553 or 17535 the pipe for mid controls ? I believe the mid pipe is different to clear the mid foot pegs all else pretty much the same as the fwd. control pipe P/N 17555 -

·
Factory Guy
244 Posts
Hello Everybody. Im hoping that someone will be able to tell me what brand of aftermarket exhaust is this. There is no marking of a brand anywhere on the pipes. Its a 2006 screaming eagle. If it helps, I know they is no oxygen sensor on the exhaust system. Thanks a bunch for any help.
If you are looking for an exhaust system for your VRSCR, try rpecycle.com. This shop is a former Vance & Hines dealer and may still have brand new Vance & Hines pipes that were designed for the 'R' model back in 2005. I bought a system last year and I love it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Isn't the P/N 17553 or 17535 the pipe for mid controls ? I believe the mid pipe is different to clear the mid foot pegs all else pretty much the same as the fwd. control pipe P/N 17555 -
[/QUOTErly part number has no sensor bungs. U block off sensor bungs if not useing them in P/N 17555
Early part number has no sensor bungs

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Yea, the 17555 has the O2 Bungs which is good to have if later you install them for tuning or for a EHT / Mixture gage.- all the parts look the same including the D447RC tailpipe in the parts list except the 17535 Kit has an additional 410-P bracket for the Street Rod, a 433-P and 434-P bracket for the '07 Nightrod ? The 432-P Bracket comes with either kit. I have a note from 2015 that Shane at V&H said the 17555 will fit the Street Rod, with the proper bracket. If in doubt call them you may be able to buy the proper bracket separately or modify the included 432-P bracket to fit the '07 Mid Control N/R You might luck out and it'll bolt right up. At least the mid pipe appears to be the right one for mid control '07 & '07 S/R & N/R, it's just the bracket that's different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts