Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an exhaust that is between stock and the V&H slip-ons?
I LOVE the sound of the V&H slip-ons...but VERY loud. With half helmet on ears are are getting abused and ringing after a ride! Would a Harley full helmet help or what is out there for another exhaust?

Please and thanks,

-BICEP-

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
93 Posts
It basically changes your 2 1/2 baffles to 2 in baffles. Still loud , but got rid of the drone sound. I no longer pull in the clutch and coast by the cops. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put those inserts in over the weekend but didnt like the way it sounded on decel. Too much of a putt putt sound instead of the raspier decel sound it had before the inserts. It was more noticable out of right side exhaust so Im not sure if its the case with all these pipe/insert combos or just mine. I took them off and it sounded like it always has (nice sound but too loud).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bassani slip ons give a perfect rumble for those who don't want screaming pipes but still want a Muscular impression. I was very satisfied with it, but had to get rid of the bike to raise money. Believe me, they are the perfect sound. There are youtube clips for sound comparisons. I kept the bassani pipes and am looking for a buyer. Willing to part for half of the online price.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts