Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently purchased this beast and appears to have a straight through Akro titanium, plate has 25 on it though I doubt its the anniversary unit since they are rare?. Does anyone know more about this exhaust, and if there is a db killer or baffles I can install without modification or is it likely to be a custom job? Interested specifically since the 2 into 1is on the can... Maybe I can insert one into each header tube there? Or a standard db killer shoved in the rear and screwed in somehow?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure looks like a Dan Moto to me.
Winner. I checked properly earlier and it's danmoto embossed on the end of the exhaust but an akro heat guard on the front end for some reason :-/ was mentioned danmoto when I bought it actually but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention and saw the akro name plate.

Any recommendations on baffles or dB killers please?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I run the same pipe on my R and the wife complained. Wants it LOUDER
Unfortunately my neighbours don't share the same enthusiasm.

Not sure if its meant to be a straight through? its literally gotta be the loudest bike I've heard - Should there be baffles?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Unfortunately my neighbours don't share the same enthusiasm.

Not sure if its meant to be a straight through? its literally gotta be the loudest bike I've heard - Should there be baffles?
If you have zero baffles/etc in your exhaust I'd consider adding at LEAST something like what was linked. You will have a terrible time tuning a Revo engine with zero restriction/baffle. And I agree....2-1 pipes are great for power with this bike, but loud they are. I run a 2-1 style set of pipes with a baffle. I also wear a full face helmet and ear protection whenever I ride. WAY too loud even city cruising.

On a soapbox rant note: ANYONE should be wearing ear protection when riding a motorcycle. Just the wind noise alone causes tinnitus. I'm a big advocate for it as I road race bicycles and have significant hearing loss from it (yes, bicycles!).

·
Registered
55 Posts
As Knut and Moler said yours is a Danmoto, though the pipes are generic and you can get them domestic or Chinese (I think that Damoto is Chinese) I buy them from a guy in Daytona that mostly sure copied them from Danmoto or V&H, but there is the feel good sensation that they're local.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts