Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem letting go of my Tab turnouts. I am in the process of inceasing the performance of my 2009 VRSCDX. As of now I am running topless with a modified airbox, 58mm velocity stacks and destroyer throttle body. I have also installed the SE cams int he stage II kit. I am running PCV with autotune.

I recently put on some slip-on Tab turnouts, switching from the Supertrapp Fat Shots. I had better performance with the Supertrapps but love the sound of the Tabs.

My problem is that my stock exhaust headers are holding me back from getting the best performance out of the bike but I love the looks and sound of the Tabs so much I am contemplating on not changing the exhaust.

Can I get a custom exhaust to go with my Tabs to help in performance or am I just going to have to suck it up and go to a 2:1 if I want any more gains? If I can go custom...who can I go with?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry to reply to your question with another question, but it looks like you'd know the answer. Do I need to get the bike tuned or have any other parts installed to go with tab slip ons, or do I literally just plug and play? I was thinking of getting a used pair of the turn outs, but don't want to have to invest in anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts