Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Luke
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded in the metric bike for a 2010 night rod special. Wow, what a difference, I couldn't be happier. I have been looking for an exhaust for my bike and can't find many options. I was just looking for some advice all I can really find it exhausts up to an 08 model. What I am looking for is something that will increase the low end grunt of the bike without hurting top end. Sound is not really and issue but I dont want a ricey sound or just a straight open tin can sound, something in between but the power increase is really what matters. I would also be interested in other "bolt on" power adders to the night rod.

PS. so glad i got rid of the v-star lol.:moped:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sound is not really and issue but I dont want a ricey sound or just a straight open tin can sound, something in between but the power increase is really what matters. I would also be interested in other "bolt on" power adders to the night rod.
Here's the best 'bolt-on' power adder for the Nightrod and takes care of the exhaust problem as well.

·
Guardian of Freedom
140 Posts
Mmmmmmm...BOOST!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
i believe the D&D fatcat 2-1 has been shown to make the best power, but someone will probably correct me.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
D&D or Rhineheart 2 into 1 (system) or CFR 2 into 1 (slip on) You will need to get the bike tuned so some sort of tuner SERT, PC5, Thundermax. Some auto tune, some need to be dyno tuned. A high flow air filter would be a good idea as well. After that it gets $$$$$$$$$ Use the search funtion for "topless", that is a cheap and easy mod supposed to be worth a few HP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts