Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that heat has been an issue with some of you with shorter legs. I got and tried the newest addition to the heat shields from Nick today. It greatly reduces heat that is radiated toward your leg from the header pipe itself. I know they have them in chrome and I assume they have them in black as well. The shield is $75 plus shipping and it does not only offer a good look on the chrome but is very functional as well.

Attachments

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Max, they don't have one for the Black Turbo's yet, do they?

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Max said:
I know they have them in chrome and I assume they have them in black as well.
CUPCAKE said:
:deal:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CUPCAKE said:
I will find out ASAP.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
Oops :hidesbeh:

MAX- Thank you for checking :) I know Rob was toying with the idea of getting a high temp tape to put on the pipe, and then sticking the existing heat shield back on the pipe...

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Max, maybe its just me but your air cleaner looks a little on the dry side....:hidesbeh: :hidesbeh:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harleyvrodguy said:
Max, maybe its just me but your air cleaner looks a little on the dry side....:hidesbeh: :hidesbeh:
It might be I haven't serviced it in a while.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
Harleyvrodguy said:
On a positive note, the new heat shields look sweet!!
:them:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amy they do have black in stock also.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Max said:
Amy they do have black in stock also.

Awesome! Thanks Max :) I have PM'd this thread to Rob :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Awesome! Thanks Max :) I have PM'd this thread to Rob :)
That is cool!! Of course, now that just puts Rich a step closer to putting a Turbo on his bike too... :hmm:

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
JinjerSnap said:
That is cool!! Of course, now that just puts Rich a step closer to putting a Turbo on his bike too... :hmm:

True...I remember that Rich and Rob have been diligently working together exchanging ideas to make that heat issue managable :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
True...I remember that Rich and Rob have been diligently working together exchanging ideas to make that heat issue managable :)
Yep and now they figured out the perfect bike this weekend would have the turbo, slipper clutch, and that shifter that Rob has. ;)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rob there is currently no shield at all in this area right now. This is the shield on the header pipe below the tail pipe.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Oh, I see now. I thought it was the original heat shield they were replacing due to heat concerns...

·
____
1,519 Posts
Max said:
Rob there is currently no shield at all in this area right now. This is the shield on the header pipe below the tail pipe.
I saw the new location of the additional heat shield...trust me I know there wasn't one there previously. Remember, I'm part of the short legged folk :rofl:

I believe your original heat shield has something between the actual shield and the pipe...asbestos maybe? I was wondering if this new heat shield was like yours or like the new "extended" heat shield that Nick came up with.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rspencer1218 said:
I saw the new location of the additional heat shield...trust me I know there wasn't one there previously. Remember, I'm part of the short legged folk :rofl:

I believe your original heat shield has something between the actual shield and the pipe...asbestos maybe? I was wondering if this new heat shield was like yours or like the new "extended" heat shield that Nick came up with.
No the new one is just an extended air gap like your top shield is.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
max,

Is the heat shield going to be apart of the kit for new purchase?

thanks
rod

1 - 20 of 54 Posts