Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 11th I received a phone call from my 44 y/o brother informing me that he checked himself into the hospital as he could not breathe. After our 45 minute discussion we both agreed that he had a heart attack and has at least one arterial blockage. (heart cath later showed six blockages, 30%, 60%, 70%, 85%, 90% & 100%)
Knowing he was in the best hospital in central PA (Hershey Med Center), I decided to not rush out until after my Friday appt.

Once there I don't hesitate to make my brother's '07 AW my vehicle for the duration of the stay, with his permission of course. His bike is 99% stock, excluding some bolt on chrome and Metz tyres.

After riding his bike for 10 days & 1200 miles, I am amazed at how much difference in handling there is between our bikes. My bike is an '07 AW with 19k miles, wicked-line exhaust, TMAX, topless w/Amsoil air filter, Pirelli Nightdragons... his bike: '07AW with 8k miles, Metz in stock sizes, and stock everything engine related.
I was quite surprised at how much more difficult it was to carve the tight turns on the back roads to his house on his bike vs. on my bike just 2 years prior. This was also a great opportunity to do a real world test and get a real feel at the difference between the Metz he's running w/about 2k miles on them, and the Pirellis I'm running with about 4k miles.
It's a no brainer that different model bikes are all a bit different, but I was really surprised to find the huge difference between his '07AW and my '07AW.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,168 Posts
Well as I mention in another thread, I rode my dad's DX 40 miles on Sunday with my daughter on the back. We both HATED it. We both got hurt butts, my shoulders, neck and back hurt. I couldn't see the tach way down there. My hands stuck to the grips. I told my wife there is not enough bad things I can say about riding it compared to my bike. But I'm sure if I had one I'd be total used to it and think it all normal.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would expect a difference from a DX to SE to R to AW, but from AW to AW wast just a frick'n surprise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts