Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because they cant be any worse than the stock shocks. And I got them for $40. If I don't like them, I'll just put the old ones back on.

Phatass

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joker must not make shocks!:D

True nuff :D

LOL! Yes, OEM shocks do suck and always have, but @ $270 something (list) I doubt these shocks are much better.

You are correct. But for $40, what the Hell...

Phatass

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I don't have a problem with the factory shocks,especially after they have been properly cut and set on 5 to remove all the mush the factory has built into the bike.Lower the front and match the stiffness to the rear and the V-Rod launches like the drag bike it was built to be.I have mine trimmed down to 1 inch of travel,which works perfect for street racing and highway cruising.
I don't think there is a better looking shock for the V-Rod than the original factory design.The 05 SE rears shocks are the best looking.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have a problem with the factory shocks,especially after they have been properly cut and set on 5 to remove all the mush the factory has built into the bike.Lower the front and match the stiffness to the rear and the V-Rod launches like the drag bike it was built to be.I have mine trimmed down to 1 inch of travel,which works perfect for street racing and highway cruising.
I don't think there is a better looking shock for the V-Rod than the original factory design.The 05 SE rears shocks are the best looking.

Interesting. So, in your opinion, properly cut is one inch of overall travel and set on the max setting? Where are you in the size category? No problems bottoming out?

Phatass

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Interesting. So, in your opinion, properly cut is one inch of overall travel and set on the max setting? Where are you in the size category? No problems bottoming out?

Phatass
Ha,I was fat when I bought and modified my first V-Rod.Now,I'm down to 150,from 165lbs and I stand 5,7.

When I installed the 240 and the solid billet 8 1/2 wheel in the ass end of my 03,it became real smooth and it never bottoms with the factory shocks cut to 12 inches.I can run any setting w me and a weeks worth of travel goodies on the passengers pillion.
From taking out the mush in the factory suspension,both my V-Rods handle excellent in all road conditions I ride.I have a good street and strip combo without spending thousands on parts that aren't worth but hundreds.

Attachments

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
weight loss

Ha,I was fat when I bought and modified my first V-Rod.Now,I'm down to 150,from 165lbs and I stand 5,7.

When I installed the 240 and the solid billet 8 1/2 wheel in the ass end of my 03,it became real smooth and it never bottoms with the factory shocks cut to 12 inches.I can run any setting w me and a weeks worth of travel goodies on the passengers pillion.
From taking out the mush in the factory suspension,both my V-Rods handle excellent in all road conditions I ride.I have a good street and strip combo without spending thousands on parts that aren't worth but hundreds.
Dang,I need to lose 100 lbs to do this mod!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Not sure how, at a buck-fitty, you could even feel the "mush" originally in them!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
LOL, they're OK as long as you mod, cut and stiffen them into submission? :angeldev: '

2 up is my biggest problem with OEM, no setting is worthy. No dampening.

Looks are subjective but for performance and looks the 440's are hard to beat:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts