Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. I would like you to weigh in on whether I am getting a good deal on a used V-Rod.

Here are the specs:

2003 Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary VRod or VRSCA.

Less than 4k miles on the odometer.

Seems it is in very good condition.

Pretty much stock, except for a HD windshield and sissy bar added.

$7,500

So, is this a pretty good price, considering the age and condition?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.com . Thats not too bad of a deal considering it has very low mileage.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I rode it today. No dents, scratches, etc. In very nice condition. And, it was the first Vrod I have ever riden, but it felt pretty good. The handlebars seem kind of short, but it was the stock bar.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
That is a beautiful bike at a good price. Where else are you going to get that good of a bike for that much money?

If you like the bike, you'll hate yourself if you don't get it. Don't be that guy.

Grandpa, you had a Harley?
hey dave that's a really old TV pub, cool

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mac..................

Don't stress over others here telling you that they got a better deal than you did on their bike you've never even seen other than possibly a small thumbnail photo. Here's the bottom line, If this is your first V Rod and the bike is clean, runs well, rides well,has low mileage, never been laid down and makes you smile every time you start it up then just love the bike and consider it a good deal. If one more guy comes up to my bike and tells me that he's seen them go for $6000 I may just lose it and tell him to go buy it then and ride the friggin bike and be happy you got a good deal. I paid $9500 for an 04B model with 2500 miles on it and with HD Radical Custom painted tins, chrome plated everything, yada, yada, yada. I'm told the radical custom tins alone sold originally for over $4K and after adding up all the HD custom parts that have been added to my bike it came to over $7800 and I've probably added another $2000 to $3000 into the money pit. The bottom line is now I've got a bike that maybe the Kelly Blue Book lists for only $8500 with at least that much more in add on parts. Could I ever get $16K out of the bike? Not a chance in hell! These bikes can easily become money pits, especially if you frequent this forum. Just enjoy the bike and don't let others cast a dark shadow on your pride and joy because they may have gotten a better deal. The bike was your deal and is now is your bike and frankly in my opinion you got a good deal so ride it safely and enjoy it but don't ever think that when you start dropping a grand a month into the bike that you'll ever get that money back out of the bike if you decide to sell it. It just doesn't happen. Again, if this is your first V Rod, use your head and ride it with respect because these bikes can bite you in the ass real fast and they're very expensive to repair. The look, feel and sound like just another cruiser on the market but in my opinion when you get these bikes wound up to anything over 5000 rpm's you'll soon find that there is nothing normal about these cruisers. They're scary fast, manufactured in the USA, handle fantastic, they're not powered by a 1920's design push rod air cooled tractor motor and are the classiest cruisers on the street, hands down. Enjoy it and ride safe.
Respectfully,
Ed

Attachments

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
if its clean, close to you, and what you say it is i would say its not to bad of a deal. you may find a better deal but how long from now and where will it be located.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just paid $8000 for an 03 with just under 20k miles. Super clean though, looks almost new. I agree with what ed says above. Go for it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. All is good advice.

I am not super-concerned about the price. Even if it isn't rock-bottom, it seems to be at least an average price. I was asking because I haven't followed the prices on V-rods much and knew the guys on this forum would have a handle on my deal. Just didn't want to pay $7,500 if the going market price is $6,500 for similar bikes.

I will take your advice, Ed and jsut enjoy!

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Pull the trigger. I Bought the same model 2 years ago with 6K on it for $9K. I now have 20K on it and love the thing. The engine is a gem and always puts a smile on my face. You wont regret it.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
This guy selling it isn't throwing the Bullshite around about it being a "Rare Anniversary" edition is HE? That is one of the Biggest Scams of the century if HE is so don't fall for it. I say its Too Much $$$ for that bike in that condition and that Terrible Color combo. I would keep looking.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I'd say it's in the "fair price" range. Not a smoking deal, but not a rip off either. You can make a little money back by selling that God aweful windshield and sissy bar too.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
in my humble opinion I believe that bike is overpriced. I say keep looking for a better deal, or haggle this guy down by a grand. Keep in mind that they made several important upgrades from 2003 to 2011. "Shortcomings" of the '03...
1)solid wheels
2)3gal fuel cell instead of 5gal
3)non Brembo brakes
and I'm sure there's a bit more. None of these should be deal breakers, but should be used to negotiate the price down to $6k out the door

1 - 20 of 64 Posts