Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in Europe running V-MOD'd SE Slip-ons with K&N air filter and a Powercommander? What map are you using for the PC? I am using the #20 map and the rod is running rich. Anybody have a custom make made with this config?

Closest tuning center is in Barcelona - 600km away. Nice ride but not with the current weather.

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. If the weather holds I will be able to put a couple of 100 miles befind me to see if there is any improvement in mileage and performance.

·
miscellaneous debris
282 Posts
Is val running a stage one flash ? also how much of a diff is there between the SE moded slip ons and the stock modded slip ons I can only imagine that it would be just the thickness of the outer baffle /// are they louder and do they have any more performance?????:cheers: by the way I'm running stock vmods,SE air filter, stage one flash, and the 021 map...

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure Val did NOT have the factory flash, but just the PCIIIr and map 020 which was the base map prior to her dyno session. As far as power goes, the SE V-Mods are MUCH quieter and are reported to make a tad more torque than the standard V-Mods. The baffle configuration is MUCH different between the two pipes. The stock V-Mods are quite loud and to my liking. I'm making 117.9 rwhp and only 79.6 ft lbs of torque. The latter number being somewhat low as compared to the hp number. I'm running the standard V-Mods with a modified 020 map.

John

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Sorry, I missed this thread before just now. John is right - I haven't had the factory flash and have the stock v-mods with K&N filter.

One of the things that likely accounts for the difference between my hp with the stock v-mods and John's is that he is running topless. The 020 map was made for that, which is partially why my bike was running too rich and I had it dynotuned. I wanted gas mileage more than the extra hp from going topless.

Val

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
powerline said:
John are you running short velocity stacks
No sir. You only want the small stacks (both of equal size) IS you are running an exhaust system with equal length primary tubes. The stock pipes are VERY un-equal.

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from a test ride with the new map loaded.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forum/at...amp;postid=8145

stockvmodk&ntopon.map

First off, thank you Val. This seems to do the trick.

My first impressions are that the VROD seems more responsive. Also, could this map effect the sound of the pipes? Seems to have a more throaty sound.

Checked the gas consumption. 7.5 litters / 100km before with 020 map, 6.5 litters / 100km WITH this map. Nice improvement. Even though this is based on the 020 map it has radically different figures - much lower/leaner.

Val, have you tailored the figures any?

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts