Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A cursory attempt at planning suggests the route of:
Harwich to Esjberg ferry (18 hour crossing)
Esjberg to Karlshamn 481 Km
Karlshamn to Klaipeda ferry (14 hour crossing)

so there's not that much riding involved....
Looks like its about £500 in ferry fares too so not too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Would have been interested but off to the states around then.You ever heard of the les brescoudos rally Steve.Takes place around cap d agde in the south of france(biggest naturist resort in the world) the rally goes on for a week and day is in a different town been a couple of times good fun.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right , I fancy riding rather than the ferries.

Looks like its 1327 miles to the rally so I reckon 75 gallons of fuel - France,Belgium,Germany,Poland & Lithuania :

Day 1 Wednesday 8th June - Calais to Hannover 414 miles
Day 2 Thursday 9th June - Hannover to Lodz 445 miles
Day 3 Friday 10th June - Lodz to Klaipeda 467 miles
Day 4 Saturday 11th June - Rally
Day 5 Sunday 12th June - Klaipeda to Lodz 467
Day 6 Monday 13th June - Lodz to Hannover 445 miles
Day 7 Tuesday 14th June - Hannover to Calais 414 miles

Anyone care to join me?

Steve

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come along chaps , form an orderly queue.
You're bikers , you have bikes , you like riding bikes , here's a holiday that involves bikers riding bikes to a place full of bikes , in the summer :)

Looks like budget accomodation can be got in Hannover and Lodz for about €30 per person per night , so thats €120 plus about £350 for fuel plus beer and food money.....

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I think about this nearly every day, but i have still not yet sorted this years budget :)

It depends on how much this months pay cheque is, as it includes last years bonuses.

I have to renovate the house:
New kitchen (back to bare walls)
New bathroom (back to bare walls)
New second bathroom (back to stud work)
New windows all around.
About 100 square meters of other ceiling and walls to be plastered.

Of course, I will have to sort a family holiday too, and visit my Dad in Ireland.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think about this nearly every day, but i have still not yet sorted this years budget :)

It depends on how much this months pay cheque is, as it includes last years bonuses.

I have to renovate the house:
New kitchen (back to bare walls)
New bathroom (back to bare walls)
New second bathroom (back to stud work)
New windows all around.
About 100 square meters of other ceiling and walls to be plastered.

Of course, I will have to sort a family holiday too, and visit my Dad in Ireland.
If it helps I'll give you a hand having fitted my own kitchen year before last and retiled the bathroom floor to ceiling the year before that.
My plastering is even worse than my welding though.....:)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Thanks for the offer.

The "brother in law" is supplying and fitting the windows.
I am good at kitchens and bathrooms.
Plastering is probably worse that yours, though welding probably better.

Still at least £7,000 for all the materials and work I will have to pay for.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i'm in pending what the judge says on 6th June

·
Registered
962 Posts
i'm in the same boat !

more bills than money !

just paid for the family holiday and comitted to go to Assen for the GP (on my bike)

would love to go and not saying i can't but its way to early to commit for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry Steve, I can't do the European Rally this year as I've already committed to be in Germany with a Car Club for some "Ring" action from 15th - 20th June that was arranged well before the dates for the Euro Rally were announced and you only get so much leave and so much money! ;)

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Steve, I can't do the European Rally this year as I've already committed to be in Germany with a Car Club for some "Ring" action from 15th - 20th June that was arranged well before the dates for the Euro Rally were announced and you only get so much leave and so much money! ;)
Never mind , maybe we'll meet up in Calne.
I've heard some nasty things about Insurance Co's now putting exclusions for the Ring in very small print on the policy docs - if you haven't already might be worth checking yours....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Never mind , maybe we'll meet up in Calne.
I've heard some nasty things about Insurance Co's now putting exclusions for the Ring in very small print on the policy docs - if you haven't already might be worth checking yours....
Thanks for the heads up, if I go round it will be in the "Ring Taxi" again as this knocks my miserable attempts on 2 and 4 wheels into a cocked hat :laugh:

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right , planning is commencing. There are 2 of us now and we will be camping en route.
Append your names below to join in......

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stop press.
That makes three of us :)

At the final reckoning you know its better to regret the things you did than the things you didn't do so sign up now......

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New plan - leave on Sunday 5th June to make the Polish rally on Weds 8th , arrive at Klaipeda on the 9th , leave on the morning of Sunday 12th to arrive back in the UK on the night of Wed 15th.
Append your names below....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts