Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sergeant-at-Arms
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow v-rodders...

I'm in progress to hardwire GPS (garmin Zümo 220) to my DX, '08 Euro-model to be exact.

The optimal wiring would be to splice into a such wire that is switched on whenever running on ACC. or RUN -modes and cut off when bike is switched off.

I've tried to search the forum here and found few threads about the orange/white unused wire under the left side panel bundles.... However, if I'm not completely mistaken in Euro models we utilize the small parking light bulb in the main light assy? Driving (main) lights are also always on without a separate switch.

Wiring should be done to a hot wire and to a ground wire with supplied lead that has inbuilt transformator and inline fuse.

All the info is highly appreciated as I'm completely newbie to HDs and to this forum as well. I'm not worthy of your knowledge :notworth: :D

Ride it like you stole it,

tigg3r from Finland

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
tigg3r, The info you have read is good. the US domestic models dont have a 'pilot' light so the connector is unused. It's also still the easyest option for eu models whitout having to 'damage' the bikes original wire harnas when you want things switched ... the orange/white wire is 'hot' in acc. and ign. ...

·
Sergeant-at-Arms
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dutchrod,

that was easy (especially compared to yesterday's faulty fuel level sensor replacement job without service manual).

Works like charm.

Now just waitin' the thunderstorm to pass to take it for a spin!

Ride it like you stole it!

tigg3r

1 - 3 of 3 Posts