Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i bought my Dx in march of 07 i bought the extended service plan with it. never used it, thanks in part to this forum and a few good friends that i've made along the way. anyway enough rambling, does anyone know what all is needed to get the esp off of my loan and credited to my loan? thanks in advance.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
My brother called Harley and had his removed.
Even though you did not use the warranty,you will still be charged for the time you had the contract in effect.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
when i bought my Dx in march of 07 i bought the extended service plan with it. never used it, thanks in part to this forum and a few good friends that i've made along the way. anyway enough rambling, does anyone know what all is needed to get the esp off of my loan and credited to my loan? thanks in advance.
i don`t believe that is possible to get rid of it once the deal is made... if find a way get rid of the esp post it..

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
i don`t believe that is possible to get rid of it once the deal is made... if find a way get rid of the esp post it..
Better yet if you can find out how to get rid of the loan payment post that. I would even be willing to keep paying the 15 bucks for the ESP a month.

·
Tim
377 Posts
I have been in the auto business for the last seven years and every extended service plan that we have sold has been open for cancellation. Once canceled the remainder of the extended warranty that was not used was refunded. They may have certain cancellation fees but you should get a refund.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Sure it can.I just posted my brother got out of his contract.
The company will charge for the time you had it.You will not be reimbursed for the whole amount,even if you never used it.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
yeah you can canx it. HD has told me you have to go back to wherever you bought it from to cancel.

i guess what i'd worry about - toward the end of the ESP is when you're more likely to need it for something major. are you going to get back enough to make it worth canceling at this point in the life of the contract vs. age of the bike?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
When I purchased my wifes 07 sporty, the dealer tried to sell me the ESP and told me if we didn't use it they would credit it back

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i appreciate everything. i've been thinking about this and could use the credit towards the balance on the bike. i called hdfsi and the lady said that any area dealer could help with this. but what do i have to give them? (info)

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Should just need the "card" with the account info on it. But check to see how much you will get back. You say never used it, but you can extend it if you wish but you can't get it back once canceled. Should you need to sell, a warranty is a bonus to the buyer and make it easier to sell. My Buell warranty was 1250 for an extra 5 years, so about $250 per. On your 07 you have had it in force for 3 years (2 years upgrade of factory warranty) you might only be looking at a small refund. Get the numbers first.
Me? I would keep it.
By the way your payments won't change, just the number of months left. Unless you refinance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts