Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get a new diver license today as I lost mine. I thought I would go ahead and take the learners permit test and get it out of the way. That way when I took the motorcycle class I would have my full license before getting my vrod in feb.

I got there and she got the test out and sat the answer key next to my test RIGHT INFRONT OF ME :dance::dance:

So I quitly looked at it before she sent me to take the test.

A. B, D,D,D C,C,C, B, A well there is the first 9 out of 25. and we can miss 4 here :deal:

So i took the test and it seemed easy and I went up and gave it to her. You would not believe it but I got the first 9 right :hidesbeh:

I missed 4 and when she got down to the last one which I knew was right I was smiling ear to ear. She then marks it wrong :banghead:

it was "if your taking a turn and need to slow down do you brake with the front, the back, the back and lean into it, or break with both. I knew it was both but mistakenly wrote in C on my answer key. :banghead:

She did not seem to believe me and I got to go back tomorrow and redo it. Maybe I will get the same test:angeldev:
 

·
Pat (Patrick!)
Joined
·
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
I'm glad I dont live in indiana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
I had to get a new diver license today as I lost mine. I thought I would go ahead and take the learners permit test and get it out of the way. That way when I took the motorcycle class I would have my full license before getting my vrod in feb.

I got there and she got the test out and sat the answer key next to my test RIGHT INFRONT OF ME :dance::dance:

So I quitly looked at it before she sent me to take the test.

A. B, D,D,D C,C,C, B, A well there is the first 9 out of 25. and we can miss 4 here :deal:

So i took the test and it seemed easy and I went up and gave it to her. You would not believe it but I got the first 9 right :hidesbeh:

I missed 4 and when she got down to the last one which I knew was right I was smiling ear to ear. She then marks it wrong :banghead:

it was "if your taking a turn and need to slow down do you brake with the front, the back, the back and lean into it, or break with both. I knew it was both but mistakenly wrote in C on my answer key. :banghead:

She did not seem to believe me and I got to go back tomorrow and redo it. Maybe I will get the same test:angeldev:
You cheated on 36 percent, got 16 percent wrong for a total of 52 percent. Pretty sad, dude.

Oh, and you failed the spelling portion also.......brake/break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did read the ones I saw. knew them aswell. Though the one about what to do if it was dark and I was following a car. It was about which was better to see. using the car's lights as a aid and a few others.
You cheated on 36 percent, got 16 percent wrong for a total of 52 percent. Pretty sad, dude.

Oh, and you failed the spelling portion also.......brake/break.
 

·
V's and Z's
Joined
·
4,093 Posts
The written test here in NC is in no way related to the MSF course. Out of 25 questions, maybe 5 were discussed in class.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,900 Posts
...

Oh, and you failed the spelling portion also.......brake/break.
You're going to jump on him for that when 1/2 the posts on here have misspelled words like "prolly", "laff" and "randome" or misuse of words like to/too/two, accept/except, lose/loose, and their/there/they're?

Ouch.

(FWIW - break = to unfix something or a defect; brake = to slow something down, or the components used to slow something down, or "brakes".)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
759 Posts
Man you guys are harsh! I was only one question away from failing my MC license test a couple years ago when I took it. And that was fresh out of the MSF course!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,929 Posts
I had to get a new diver license today as I lost mine. I thought I would go ahead and take the learners permit test and get it out of the way. That way when I took the motorcycle class I would have my full license before getting my vrod in feb.

I got there and she got the test out and sat the answer key next to my test RIGHT INFRONT OF ME :dance::dance:

So I quitly looked at it before she sent me to take the test.

A. B, D,D,D C,C,C, B, A well there is the first 9 out of 25. and we can miss 4 here :deal:

So i took the test and it seemed easy and I went up and gave it to her. You would not believe it but I got the first 9 right :hidesbeh:

I missed 4 and when she got down to the last one which I knew was right I was smiling ear to ear. She then marks it wrong :banghead:

it was "if your taking a turn and need to slow down do you brake with the front, the back, the back and lean into it, or break with both. I knew it was both but mistakenly wrote in C on my answer key. :banghead:

She did not seem to believe me and I got to go back tomorrow and redo it. Maybe I will get the same test:angeldev:
If you're taking a turn, you should already have done your braking. With both front and rear brakes, of course. YOu should'nt be braking in the turn. Roll in, throttle out.
Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
This thread has made me laugh LOL Honestly I got the study booklet from the dmv. Read it over for all of maybe 5 minutes, went in the next day had my permit. Missed 2 questions, although I will give it to you that some of them are tricky. But anyways all you have to do is read the material provided. Most of it is common sense. I took the MSF course which give me my full license. But I would suggest looking into that. Not really a study class but it teaches defensive driving, to stay aware and basic riding technique.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I knew the correct thing was to brake before but it did not give it as an option. It was brake with the rear, brake with the front, brake with both or brake with the rear and lean into the turn. I thought it was brake and lean into it. my dad did aswell and he has his motorcycle license when I was a kid. Most of the questions seemed like real basic stuff. Seems they left the hard stuff off, but I guess thats why you take a course.
If you're taking a turn, you should already have done your braking. With both front and rear brakes, of course. YOu should'nt be braking in the turn. Roll in, throttle out.
Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is really what I did, I took my driver license test 4 times :hidesbeh:. The first time I read the book cover to cover, the second I read through it, the third I skimmed it, the fourth I went in sad **** it and passed
This thread has made me laugh LOL Honestly I got the study booklet from the dmv. Read it over for all of maybe 5 minutes, went in the next day had my permit. Missed 2 questions, although I will give it to you that some of them are tricky. But anyways all you have to do is read the material provided. Most of it is common sense. I took the MSF course which give me my full license. But I would suggest looking into that. Not really a study class but it teaches defensive driving, to stay aware and basic riding technique.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top