Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I piss excellence
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the flooding in the Duluth, MN and surrounding area? I guess it made national news. We haven't seen devastation like this since 1972, and this one was way worse. 10+ inches of rain in less than 24 hours. Rivers are at or above record flood levels, roads completely washed out, drowned animals at the zoo, people living in emergency shelters, businesses totally lost, millions of dollars in damages. It was insane to see first hand. I saw and took pictures of people canoeing through parking lots I never thought would ever flood.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
That poor seal looked scared to death. Did the dam shown near the end of the slid show go over the top? It looks like the center section between the spillways was being washed away.

·
I piss excellence
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dam held, but they had to shut down 2 hydroelectric power plants and shunt the water so the plants wouldn't be destroyed. The seal escaped from the zoo, but was recovered.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I have not heard a thing about this, weird.
I'm a news junkie. Haven't seen a word about this till now. I recall, maybe a year or so ago someone mentioned that there was a virtual news black out of some devastating floods in Nebraska or the Dakotas or somewhere in that part of the US. Odd.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not good for a town that is built on a big hill. I'm a weather channel junkie and it was heavy bands of rain for i think 3-4 days last week. Hockey country up there and people are tough.

·
I piss excellence
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not good for a town that is built on a big hill. I'm a weather channel junkie and it was heavy bands of rain for i think 3-4 days last week. Hockey country up there and people are tough.
The fact it's on a hill was the reason it was so shocking to see how bad things flooded. Surprisingly, there were no fatalities. An 8 year old boy went for an 8 block ride after being sucked down a manhole, all he got was a couple of bumps and bruises. Poor kid will probably never go on a water slide ever again, but at least he survived...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts