Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was too out of it last summer after the crash on my A to know what I thought about the D I picked up to finish that trip in Montana. In fact, I've been CHICKEN about even getting on a bike since I broke my ankle in August (bad year).

BUT, I finally got over myself and got on the D for a weekend trip up to Mohawk, NY to see further play and now I just love it. I couldn't get a windshield in time for the trip, but discovered I didn't mind riding w/out it at all to my amazement! Of course, we took mostly back roads up thru N PA and upstate NY, which were just lovely this time of year -- esp today when it's so dang HOT.

I think the D is lower than the A? Really like the mid-controls, just felt totally comfortable on it.

After riding together for 10? years with hubby leading and communicating (more or less) with hand signals, we finally decided to get headsets and have me lead so I could set the pace. We got the scala Q2 multiset to see how we'd like it. Turns out we REALLY liked being able to talk on this trip -- and it's 'way safer to be able to talk things over. It was hilarious to have him following me, nagging at me for the same kind of s*it that would drive me absolutely crazy when he was leading all these years, tho. We had some true belly laughs over it.

Now, if I can just find some reduced reach handlebars...

Hope everyone had a great 4th! (And go see furthur if you get a chance!!!)

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, Daniii and G! Love u guys.

You know, as winter turned to spring to summer and I was still finding excuses not to get on it, I was wondering if I'd decided I wasn't going to ride anymore w/o telling myself. LOL! Kinda weird going the speed limit, tho. :)

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Last week I took my first long ride since my spill 20 months ago. Wound up riding in the rain, again. Maybe I'm over that phobia....

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last week I took my first long ride since my spill 20 months ago. Wound up riding in the rain, again. Maybe I'm over that phobia....
Seriously, Daniii? Whew-I've sure missed ALOT while I've been in my black hole. Didn't know you were there with me all that time. :(

Sure glad to hear you're out again, too. It's just too much fun to give up.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Seriously, Daniii? Whew-I've sure missed ALOT while I've been in my black hole. Didn't know you were there with me all that time. :(

Sure glad to hear you're out again, too. It's just too much fun to give up.
I didn't stop riding, just riding on long rides. Trailing the bike I could choose if I wanted to ride in the rain or not. I have 84K on the V-Ultra, and another 1000 on the new Buell. Several of us picked up Buell 1125's during their fire sale last year.

Yes, you have a lot of catching up to do....

Jenny says hi!

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hugs to Jenny from me, Daniii.

I rode it for the first time yesterday with the mid-sport windshield and RR handlebars. The bars aren't all that RR, as far as I could tell. But the windshield is ok, esp since I won't be riding without a FF or 3/4 ever again anyway! Longing for a long road trip now.

My A is finished and the dear man I bought the D from picked it up and is storing it in Montana for me (and riding it, I HOPE) until I can get out there. I thought we'd be able to pick it up and ride home in late Sept, but it looks like work, once again, is going to nix that plan. Time to quit this job. 4.5 yrs of this madness and low mileage is just about enough!

AOW, thanks for the link -- I'd already ordered the darned things from the dealer by the time I saw your post. :(

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Val glad to see you posting and that you are out riding again!! Glad you like the D.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Hi Val,

Good on you girl for getting back out there. It's always good to get back on the horse so to speak.

I know when I had my accident one of the very first things my oldest daughter asked me was if I was going to ride again and she reminded me that I had always made them get back on after they got tossed off their horses.

Funny how the lessons we teach our kids are learned even when we don't think they listen.

Keep your eyes open, ride safe sweetie and glad to have you back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.