Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Anyone aware of specific engineering changes made by HD over the last three years? I know of the sprocket and tranny ratio changes in the last year, and am not asking about color/chrome/features etc. I'm curious about any engine/drivetrain changes, such as new materials used, basic stock settings changed in such things as injectors, redesigns of valve trains etc, etc.

Or is there a site that give engineering changes?

Thanks for your thoughts--

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
The 03's had the IAT sensor moved to a different location.To the airbox.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
banglenot said:
Anyone aware of specific engineering changes made by HD over the last three years?
In addition to the IAT move (which was done very early in the production run) - they also made a very minor modification to the way the fuel lines were connected to the fuel filler flange - this resulted in a recall of some 2003 bikes to fix it.. (doh!). Also, I believe that '04 bikes now have a 150 mph speedometer, rather than the 140 mph on earlier bikes. Personally I find this somewhat ironic, since the new 28-T sprocket makes it LESS likely that you would actually be able to attain this sort of velocity.

·
Registered
224 Posts
vroddrew said:
In addition to the IAT move (which was done very early in the production run) - they also made a very minor modification to the way the fuel lines were connected to the fuel filler flange - this resulted in a recall of some 2003 bikes to fix it.. (doh!). Also, I believe that '04 bikes now have a 150 mph speedometer, rather than the 140 mph on earlier bikes. Personally I find this somewhat ironic, since the new 28-T sprocket makes it LESS likely that you would actually be able to attain this sort of velocity.
Just to confirm, Yes the '04's do have a 150 MPH speedometer.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
vroddrew said:
Personally I find this somewhat ironic, since the new 28-T sprocket makes it LESS likely that you would actually be able to attain this sort of velocity.
I'll say what Kaz will:
Raise the rev limiter up 1g :diablo:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Just the B's,have different handlebar setups

1 - 7 of 7 Posts