Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start down the path of Turbo/Supercharging the bike (2011 NightRod) I'm still undecided on which one, leaning towards Supercharger because of price and wider power range, but please give me your opinions!
The main question I have is which internal parts I need to look at upgrading to suit the higher stress on the engine. This a whole new world for me!
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Depends on your power goals and boost level. If you stay on low boost you really don't NEED any changes. Lot's of guys running superchargers on stock motors.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I want to start down the path of Turbo/Supercharging the bike (2011 NightRod) I'm still undecided on which one, leaning towards Supercharger because of price and wider power range, but please give me your opinions!
The main question I have is which internal parts I need to look at upgrading to suit the higher stress on the engine. This a whole new world for me!
Thanks guys.
If you are thinking TTS, make sure they install the reducer if you want to stay in the 6 psi range and be usable for pump gas. Recently ran into one that was putting full pressure out. This is actually a better option for more on demand boost at lower rpms but a BLV will need to be installed and adjusted to regulate it to the lower psi. Extra plumbing is a pain also.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts