Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 VROD that is hard to start. It will idle for a few seconds then stalls. If you apply any throttle it dies immediately. This started happening out of nowhere. I have changed the TPS but it had no effect. The plugs are clean and the injectors are spraying fuel. There are no codes. Please Help.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
plugs are clean? tear down and double check that the wiring harnesses are attached to the front and rear coil packs. I had the same exact issue after I did a spark plug check. I taped the rear coil pack wiring harness out of the way so it wouldn't get damaged during the process, but forgot to untape and reinstall before putting the bike back together.
I would start there... :vrodforu:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plugs are clean? tear down and double check that the wiring harnesses are attached to the front and rear coil packs. I had the same exact issue after I did a spark plug check. I taped the rear coil pack wiring harness out of the way so it wouldn't get damaged during the process, but forgot to untape and reinstall before putting the bike back together.
I would start there... :vrodforu:
Thanks for the reply. This problem started before I even checked the plugs. Anyway, the wiring to the coil packs on front and back are attached.

·
puk! puk! puk!
288 Posts
look up fuel flange

·
puk! puk! puk!
288 Posts
There should be no time limit on getting this repaired. If a dealer finds that your fuel line is leaking inside the tank and it has one of the old flanges they should replace it using part # 75173-01A under Service Bulletin M-1141A dated Oct 30, 2003 (revision of M-1141 dated Oct 10, 2003).

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
If you have a power commander or some similar fuel enhancer, remove it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I used the coffee can modification to open the tank ring seal and found that there was a hole in my fuel pump line. Got a new one and it runs great. I have no idea how the line got a hole though. It did seem like the rubber was soft on the line.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
The pressure line has 60 lbs pressure on it. Maybe a weak spot during manufacturing process.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts