Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys newb here just got my 2002 V Rod. Has Vance and Hines pipes with a power commander. Apart from that its stock as far as I know. When I go for a 30 minute ride the engine dies at a stop. The key will still be on and the fan will be spinning. It will restart right away. Am I overheating it? Coolant reservoir is good and oil is good. Bike sat for a while put a new battery in it. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
There was a tech service bulletin from Harley that the 2002 models have the ACT (air charge temperature sensor) between the heads and gets heat soaked causing the problem you describe. There was a update to move it into the air filter like later models and had a harness extension and grommet and reflash. I know it says Screamin Eagle V-Rod, however the was no Screamin Eagle V-Rod until the 2005 CVO

I would check this first

Here was the thread for TSB M1124

https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88985&highlight=m1124

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't know anything about the service bulliten but if you need a reflash that will have to be done at a dealer. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask at a dealer, don't expect much of a knowledgeable response though.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
i always start with replacing the system relay on these models,its cheap and worth trying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts