Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 03 anniversary edition, I had it into the shop last week to do a fluid change, no big deal, today as I was riding home from work my check engine came on then popped back off, at the same time the engine started getting jerky, would smoothe out ...repeat, then the check engine and battery light both started popping on and going back off ( this happens as I am passing a dealership of course) , so, I pulled off the interstate and am in a traffic circle headed there when the bike dies. I got to the shoulder, turn the key off, then on and I got nothing, as if I had a dead battery. I pulled the fuses to check them, visually they look fine, a few minutes later I try and turn the key again, lights all come on and she fired right up. It almost happened a second time before I got to the dealership, long story short, the service guy named off a lot of maybes and possibles but said until they can get the bike in next week to plug into the computer they are no help. I'm taking it back to the shop I had it at last week if I can, I'm ju st curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.
Thanks in advance everybody

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Early on with my 02 when it was very hot I experienced this but never resolved why. It has not been a recurring problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
First thing I would do is check for codes and clean the relay connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts