Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings !

i did install rear fender and whole wiring system been moved under the new seat (pic will be uploaded shortly), its mess down there -__- !! it was for temporary to test ride the bike ..
when i went our for a test i've tried to check the performance, i push hard and increased the acceleration, suddenly the engine died .. n the gauges says HELP!, i switched the key to off n then to ignition then bike started normally,
no am stuck can't speed and RPM only between 3-4k .. thts my limit -__- any idea, is it because the wiring or i did something wrong with the bike !!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
i never saw "help" written on the gauges before. did you keep the TSSM module facing in the same position it was when you relocated it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the gauges says HELP !!
yes i relocated the TSSM and it's not fixed i think with strong vibration it moves !! i'll try to relocate each device again ...

Thanks santeg highly appreciated

·
George
5,411 Posts
+1 on TSSM or Intermittent ground problem? Also never saw "help" before either! Was there a numeric code as well?

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
If I started seeing HELP on the gauges, I'd freak out, IT'S ALIVE
reminds me of the knightrider, if my bike could only talk

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Yes the gauges says HELP !!
yes i relocated the TSSM and it's not fixed i think with strong vibration it moves !! i'll try to relocate each device again ...

Thanks santeg highly appreciated
It was probably indicating "tIP" because you have the TSSM oriented in a way to trip the BAS (Bank Angle Sensor).

·
Registered
600 Posts
I thought the tip sensor was basically an on/off switch. I don't think this his problem because he says it will run up to 3 to 4k. I would lean more towards a loose or intermittent ground or even a faulty battery.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I thought the tip sensor was basically an on/off switch. I don't think this his problem because he says it will run up to 3 to 4k. I would lean more towards a loose or intermittent ground or even a faulty battery.
If it's oriented wrong than accelerating or braking will simulate a "TIP" and shut down the engine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Right so if the tip sensor trips it shuts the bike off. Does the tip sensor reset automatically and if it does reset automatically can it cycle on and off fast enough to allow the bike to continue to run at 3 to 4k?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was probably indicating "tIP" because you have the TSSM oriented in a way to trip the BAS (Bank Angle Sensor).
exactly it says 'tIP' coudn recognize wither its tip of help !!!
i was freaked out whne i saw it !!
well am not into wiring and electronic side, i'll try to relocate devices again and have a ride !!

check for error codes
i followed procedures and when S appears i kept pushing 5 seconds " 6112 somthing appeared' i clear this one, but have no idea about what is it ?!! ..
other is fine and shown none !!

thanks guys for your help ..
tomorrow i'll have a ride and keep you updated ..

Thanks again appreciate your time =)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the problem is whenever the bike shuts off, i do switch the key to off n the to ignition while am riding, and then it starts normally !!!
it happens only when i push acceleration hard !!!

·
Premium Member
11,356 Posts
Right so if the tip sensor trips it shuts the bike off. Does the tip sensor reset automatically and if it does reset automatically can it cycle on and off fast enough to allow the bike to continue to run at 3 to 4k?
Once the TIP failure is produced you must turn the bike off and restart to get rid of the message.

·
Premium Member
11,356 Posts
exactly it says 'tIP' coudn recognize wither its tip of help !!!
i was freaked out whne i saw it !!
well am not into wiring and electronic side, i'll try to relocate devices again and have a ride !!

i followed procedures and when S appears i kept pushing 5 seconds " 6112 somthing appeared' i clear this one, but have no idea about what is it ?!! ..
other is fine and shown none !!

thanks guys for your help ..
tomorrow i'll have a ride and keep you updated ..

Thanks again appreciate your time =)
Where are these codes appearing? the 6112 could a b112? if you are referring to a Diagnostic trouble code.
b112? codes refer to turn signal light problems. Did you check to ensure turn signals are working properly. This is all part of the TSSM problem. It must be positioned properly and stable.

How did that "HELP" display? Did it just appear on your stock gauges or is it a DTC you pulled?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where are these codes appearing? the 6112 could a b112? if you are referring to a Diagnostic trouble code.
b112? codes refer to turn signal light problems. Did you check to ensure turn signals are working properly. This is all part of the TSSM problem. It must be positioned properly and stable.

How did that "HELP" display? Did it just appear on your stock gauges or is it a DTC you pulled?
its not 6112 .. ethier P112 or B112 .. cant recall it now !!
and yes t does appear on the stock gaguges and the bike shut off ..
i think the TSSM is no fixed it moves while am ridin n thats why !!
today i'll take a ride and figure more about tis problem !!

Could this be the code you saw

P0112 Current IAT sensor voltage low 4.21 DTCP0112

Below is the link to the trouble codes
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthr...ror+codes+list
yes i think its the same code ive seen !!

Thanks guys

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
tIP is the tipover sensor that shuts off the bike. Definitely related to moving the TSSM. The sensor must remain in the same spacial orientation as you found it in the stock configuration.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
problem solved ... exactly as quoted

1 - 20 of 22 Posts