Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Kris
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Rinehart 2:1 on my 07 DX with a K&N and a PCIII with a known good map for the setup. Bike will only rev up to 6,000 then cuts in and out continuously but still will gain RPM's if I stay in it. Tried another map, same problem. Took the programmer off completely cleared right up. Sent the PCIII back to dynojet, they inturn sent me another brand new unit, plugged it in and same problem. Checked codes tonite and came up with a P1004. Any ideas to solve this nightmare would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kris

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I hate power commander

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
P1004 Current System relay contacts closed 4.14 SYSTEM RELAY CHECK

That doesn't sound right at all. Double check the Throttle Position and make sure it reads zero % at idle.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
ksk1480 said:
Installed a Rinehart 2:1 on my 07 DX with a K&N and a PCIII with a known good map for the setup. Bike will only rev up to 6,000 then cuts in and out continuously but still will gain RPM's if I stay in it. Tried another map, same problem. Took the programmer off completely cleared right up. Sent the PCIII back to dynojet, they inturn sent me another brand new unit, plugged it in and same problem. Checked codes tonite and came up with a P1004. Any ideas to solve this nightmare would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kris
Did you set your zero throttle position? You may also try taking out the maxi fuse for a couple minutes and put back in.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Mine just had that p1004 pop up after adjusting the map with the bike running, but it could have been that I still had the 9 volt battery connected also while adjusting because I forgot to disconnect it??? But as soon as I finished and shut it off and tried to start it I seen the light go out and then come back on so I just reset it and no problems.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
rjrivero said:
That's helpful!!

Let's see everytime he uses a PowerCommander the bike does not run right, I have seen plenty of bikes with this problem and that is why I recommend Gils Box!!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
Let's see everytime he uses a PowerCommander the bike does not run right, I have seen plenty of bikes with this problem and that is why I recommend Gils Box!!
That's great. But it STILL doesn't help THIS MEMBER with THIS PROBLEM. That's the point I'm trying to make. Nothing is more frustrating than having a problem, and then having someone say "YOU SHOULD HAVE........"

Know what I mean?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I think there are some other maps here on the forum, I suggest trying yet another map completely different from what you have already tried just to see if it produces the exact same results. I don't use a pc III so can't offer a lot of help but maybe that will narrow it down or help just a little to give you a direction to go.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
JDR_ROD said:

LOL, I am using 2 Power Commanders on 2 different bikes and never had this problem. But I will be removing both and buying a Gil's box to replace both immediately. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is there any chance your battery cables are even slightly loose? I fought the same problem after changing my battery and it turned out the pos cable was just barely loose.....engine would only cut out under load at about 5-6K.

Give it a check.....

pcIII too btw.....no problems with it at all

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
mnerren said:
LOL, I am using 2 Power Commanders on 2 different bikes and never had this problem. But I will be removing both and buying a Gil's box to replace both immediately. Thanks.
:rofl:

·
I'm cool now..RIGHT!
108 Posts
I have a powercommander in place and when the bike is cool (not cold), I found that when I launch to full throttle in first gear, it will cut out at 8-9k rpm. When it is warm it doesn't seem to do this. I'm not sure if this is a similar issue or not. But, know that you are not alone. I have no problems once the engine is well warmed up and no problems unless I tromp on it in the first few minutes.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
drtwo said:
I have a powercommander in place and when the bike is cool (not cold), I found that when I launch to full throttle in first gear, it will cut out at 8-9k rpm. When it is warm it doesn't seem to do this. I'm not sure if this is a similar issue or not. But, know that you are not alone. I have no problems once the engine is well warmed up and no problems unless I tromp on it in the first few minutes.
The rev limit gets lowered when the bike is not at a certain temperature and has been running for a certain amount of time, I don't know the specifics but mine limits to around 7800-8000 when it is not up to temp. It has made me look bad leaving places where the bike has been sitting for a while and I take off and thrash it only to get hard on the limiter and make ungodly noise from my 2-2's while everyone within a 1/2 mile radius thinks WTF was that.

·
Kris
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Talked to Jamie at Fuelmoto today and he said to load a zero map into the programer and try that to see if it still does it. If it does try taking the box off again completely. Before i do any ofthat I am gonna go over everything all connectors and wires everything. Also, I just got the bike back from its 1,000 mile service and i never ran it hard before i changed everything over from stock, so did it do it before or not? I will go over everything tonite and see what I come up with. I am surely not gonna get any help from a dealership on this one. Thanks again for all the help everyone and any other inut will be appreciated. I will keep you all posted.

Kris

·
Kris
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, cleared the code went over every inch and found nothing. Reloaded the map i had and still did the same thing, cut out at 6,000 rpm yet. I then loaded a complete zero map so the commander is not doing anything but just plugged in. Still did the same thing. Came back, unhooked the battery and took the powercommander off completely and tried it again. The thing ran like a top! Right up to nine grand in first and second without missing a beat. Could I have actually gotten two commanders in a row that are bad? It still is part number 809 for the '07. THis is REALLY beginning to piss me off and am ready just to go with another fueler. What are the best places to buy a Race Tuner or Gil's Box if that is the direction I decide to go? I think I am gonna give Powercommader one more chance then that is it!!!!!! Let me know what you all think.....

Kris

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
ksk1480 said:
It still is part number 809 for the '07.
That is your problem. PCIII USB for 2007 is Pat # 815-511 $369.95.

RJ

1 - 20 of 27 Posts