Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No. Look at my photo above with the drum sander. The fitment over the metal spacer is the issue. The poly cush drive is tight on the spacer. Bore it out a little so it spins free and then grease the outside of the spacer and inside hole of the poly.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I did the testing and R&D with Energy on this. I don't believe they want you to lube or grind on these. They are a type of self lubricating poly and the dimensions are very specific for proper operation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm gonna go with the guys that have already tried it and modded it to work no one wants to be rolling down the road squeaking and clacking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Never had any of these issues & mine was one of the beta pieces. I believe we had 4-5 other Forum members in the test batch as well with zero complaints. Looks like this piece was custom dabbed ( & great job doing it ).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put mine in and the damn thing was squeaking like a MF. The spacer was rubbing against the inside hole of the cush and started shredding it (take a look at my other post). I had to disassemble, clean up the shavings, then put some anti-seize on it so it stopped making noise.

I have yet to drive a long distance, but it seems the squeak is gone at least for the time being.

I emailed Energy Suspension with no reply.
I installed my at an tire shop and it started to make noise also.I think enegy suspension sells the lube for bushings they sell to prevent the noise .the shop couldnt figure it out.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts