Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, PM appears to be farting around diagnosing my front wheel and rotors problem, which appears to mean I won't have a front wheel to put on the bike this week to be able to ride out to TX or to the Rally. All the other parts are here, done, ready to go...

Does anyone have any old kind of front wheel and rotors lying around anywhere in the Mid-Altantic region I might could buy and come pick up????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Choppersteve To The Rescue!!!

Just after I posted this, I realized v-mod was probably still open, so called Steve and HE IS LOANING me a wheel and rotors until PM gets it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will get here next Thurs, in time to get it on, so I can hopefully leave for Dallas on Friday. Powdercoated parts are done, so the dealer will pick them up on Tues and start the work on the bike.

Thanks so much for the PM, 2006niterod!!

WOO HOO!! Hooray for Mainstreet Motorcycles -- www.v-mod.com

:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Val said:
Well, PM appears to be farting around diagnosing my front wheel and rotors problem, which appears to mean I won't have a front wheel to put on the bike this week to be able to ride out to TX or to the Rally. All the other parts are here, done, ready to go...

Does anyone have any old kind of front wheel and rotors lying around anywhere in the Mid-Altantic region I might could buy and come pick up????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
which probably loosely translates to: "we don't know what caused it or what to do about it" :D

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM called late yesterday, but it was a sales girl who knows as much about these things as I do. One of the rotors is warped again and there's some kind of "run out?" on a part of the hub. So they are replacing those pieces and sending it all back. No information about what has caused the problems, so I don't know if this will be a fix or whether I'll just warp the new rotor, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts