Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Can you disconnect the LEds that were installed?

Can you put your DVM between the positive cable and the battery terminal. In the old days (my 69 Camaro) I would use a small turn signal lamp between the Pos Battery Cable and the post. If it lit I knew I had an electrical issue. I would track it down by pulling 1 fuse at a time till the light went out. That at least isolated the circuit the problem was on.

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
greenham with solid state circuits that we have these day's I do not suggest the bulb test. A dvm using the amp load reading is the only way to test for a draw. Most meters will not allow over 10amps so be careful and do not key up on the meter. If you want to test higher loads you will need a current shunt to hook up on the meter.

· MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Ya'll kill me sometimes. No I don't have an answer, this just looked like a good thread, and it was. From a Tech's standpoint in the issue. The security system can drain and kill a batt. over time. But the main question is, were these lights hooked up properly and to what power source? And LIGHTS? I know you want her to look pretty, but come on, this bike is a rocket not a display. Later SKI.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.