Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had blue LED light strand. put in under the airbox cover(5ft continuous strand) and have had electrical probs ever since. have replaced the battery 3 times, and if i leave the alarm on, it drains the battery within minutes. There is only 2000 miles on '03 . From what i understand, these LED lights are only supposed to be milliamps. why is this happening? Been stranded a few times now. i was just wondering if anyone else has had electical probs like this? :sad:

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okhere's the deal, i boosted the battery from the truck, i know i'm not supposed to do this, but i got stranded again!i rode around for about 2 hours,then went home and shut it down.i woke up this morning, tried to start her up, and she won't wake up!this is maddening!this is a brand new battery! i don't smell any burning,and i don't see sparks.i try to start her up,she tries, then i get that damn clicking sound that you get when your battery is dead. I have a battery tinder,just put it on a month ago,and i have kept it plugged in when i don't ride.Hell, i don't know. she's going to the shop(again) here in a bit.i'll let you guys know what the tech says. is anyone else having electrical probs that won't go away? i hope it's not a defect in my bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.