Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal.... I have Doc's taillight with the safety strobe option (2 of the LEDs blink every few seconds so the cagers don't run me over) and a set of Kellermann LED turn signals from Breathless Performance. The crew I ride with keeps telling me that there is very little difference between the taillight brightness in "run" mode and when the brakes are applied... I don't have a Load Equalizer on the bike. Everything is just connected to the HD plugs.

Next I get a good deal on the HD turn signal mirrors (see pic below) that also have LED lights built into them. They have their own fuse in the "Y" cable that splices these into the turn signal wiring using the existing connectors.

I get everything in place and fire up the bike. The fuse blows immediately. It says "2" on the back of it.

Ok, now to the questions (finally!!)... If I install Doc's Load Equalizer "tailbones" edition (also shown below) will this correct the problem?

The turn signal mirror instructions state that they are not replacements for the existing turn signals. They are additions. I'd like to get rid of the big bullet signals if I can be don't want to further disrupt the electrical system. Anybody know how to get rid of the "bulb" signals and just use the ones on the mirrors?

Thanks.

HH

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
naming us gremlins might end having a bike using its claxon instead of turn signal lights and an alarm sytem using your neutural swich ! :spank: since there's no relefant tech info i suspect you are a grease monky :D four your info your tail lt consumes 5W and the brake lt 21W, turn signal lts are 21W also, so my guess is you will need a load eqalizer. led consume far less in general. does the manual that came with the components mentioned anything about the amps rate? last advice for now imho there are wires crossed if your fuse is lit check your wiring :stilpoke:

·
Rod
86 Posts
Was there a slight misunderstanding here? Anyway, please post your results HoldHard. I'm in the process of installing the same mirrors. If I can wart off the Electrical Gremlins before they latch on, I'll be happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts