Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed set back handlebars on my 2009 VSCAW which placed the turn lights in a position of interference with the air box cover.
I purchased a re-location kit for the turn signals but the instruction shhet was crap. They tell you to refer to the service manual under multilock electrical connectors (Socket removal/Installation). Although my 2003 came with a service manual on CD this bike purchased new 3 weeks ago did not. The pins need to be removed from this 6 pin plug-in in order to re-route the signal light wiring. Can somebody help me with an illustration or instruction on how to remover the pin from the connector?

·
LiveBlueFlamesBB1430
904 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Greg that is not the six pin. The six pin you pop the orange plastic piece out of the end... remove the rubber underneath and then the pins are loose. Tilt the pins one at a time to remove. Make sure you write down the color sequence for each pin number so when you put it back everything works or else get an electrical manual.
From what I can see Greg posted the correct link.

The OP wanted to know how to remove the terminals from an Amp 6 place Multilock connector (connector number 31 under the left upper side cover; see item 4 in attached scan of a figure from the 2010 EDM). The link in Greg’s post explains how to remove terminals from the Amp Multilock connectors (there are 2, 4, and 6 place versions).

The type of connector you seem to be describing is a Deutsch connector except there’s no rubber piece that needs to be removed under the orange end piece.

Attachments

·
LiveBlueFlamesBB1430
904 Posts
From what I can see Greg posted the correct link.

The OP wanted to know how to remove the terminals from an Amp 6 place Multilock connector (connector number 31 under the left upper side cover; see item 4 in attached scan of a figure from the 2010 EDM). The link in Greg’s post explains how to remove terminals from the Amp Multilock connectors (there are 2, 4, and 6 place versions).

The type of connector you seem to be describing is a Deutsch connector except there’s no rubber piece that needs to be removed under the orange end piece.
Your probably right I just did mine on my 03 and it's a 6 pin deutsh. Forgot I changed it years ago... my bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts