Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people have tried the Pingle electric shifter, and if they liked it or not. Seems like it would be nice when you want to power through the gears but I'm not so sure about the everyday use. I figure theirs got to be a couple running around here somewhere.
Thanks

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Don't have one myself, but their site is pretty helpful. Looks very interesting and it appears very simple to use, whether for racing or everday use.

Pingel Electric Shifters

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have had one for two years. I only use it from time to time when I really want to throw down a solid quick shift. For day to day I never use it but it still looks pretty. :)

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
nghtrd06 said:
Just wondering how many people have tried the Pingle electric shifter, and if they liked it or not. Seems like it would be nice when you want to power through the gears but I'm not so sure about the everyday use. I figure theirs got to be a couple running around here somewhere.
Thanks
Four years and over 18,000 miles and I've used mine for every up and down shift..... no problems....

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Rob has one and LOVES it! It was on the "A" (my bike) but he took it off because since I didn't care to know how to work the damn thing, and I'm just fine using my foot, LOL..and the shifter is only a month or so old, so he's going to stick it on the DX....once he powdercoats some parts, so it matches better :)
He has really enjoyed it though.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
cuppy you should have kept it girl !! you would have at an advantage at the track !
NO JOKE Liz-Beff :) The thing is...it was SO new....only been on the A for a month...so he said.."do you mind if I take just that one thing off"?? And I said of course not! I hadn't used the thing anyway! I'm doing jjjuuusssttttt fine with my foot :)

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
NO JOKE Liz-Beff :) The thing is...it was SO new....only been on the A for a month...so he said.."do you mind if I take just that one thing off"?? And I said of course not! I hadn't used the thing anyway! I'm doing jjjuuusssttttt fine with my foot :)
Yea.. Suuuurreee.. Once you get the turbo that you requested, the shifter is next.. I see that coming already.. :spank:

You can fool Rob, but you can't fool me!! :D

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
VRod RS said:
Yea.. Suuuurreee.. Once you get the turbo that you requested, the shifter is next.. I see that coming already.. :spank:

You can fool Rob, but you can't fool me!! :D
LOL!!!!!!!! Nahhhh..I really have no interest in the electric shifter. To me, using your feet for shifting gears is part of the fun and purpose of having a scooter :moped: :D

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
LOL!!!!!!!! Nahhhh..I really have no interest in the electric shifter. To me, using your feet for shifting gears is part of the fun and purpose of having a scooter :moped: :D
Uhhh huh!!. Suurree.. Okay.. you stick to that story for a couple of years and you can say "I told you so.. " but my bet is I'll be able to say.. "I told you so.. " :D

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
i've got one and love it the only problem i ran into was it getting stuck sometimes because the shift linkage was dirty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts