1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Didn't see 05"s on the list.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I'm 99% sure that the '05 calibrations are only available via the Dealer's Digital Tech but I could be wrong :confused:

·
AMF
423 Posts
OK, Here are the 05 calibrations.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Thanks for the 05's.

·
AMF
423 Posts
Requested Stock Calibrations

Here are the stock cals for models up to 05 and a seperate file for the 05 only.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Clarification please??

mjw930 said:
Thanks to Vrodjohn :thumb:
Hey Mark,

Read the above and knowing my buddy with a 30 tooth sprocket and vmods can outrun my 2002 with 28 tooth and vmods running your RT program for vmods, I was wondering--How can you tell?? My bike was originally shipped from the dealer with SE mufflers. I assume I must return my bike to the dealer, get it reflashed for stock setup, then download the RT program to get this thing right?? I haven't experienced any bad manners, since I reloaded your program. With a different program loaded, my bike will easily tack 10k in every gear. Of course, you didn't change the rev limit much if any. Was wondering?? Do you think this is worth a try??

Doug

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You don't say what your friend is running for fuel enrichment. That information would help. Also, the programs I published are for V-Mod SE's, not stock V-Mods. It will need modification for handle the increased flow. If plug your RT into his bike and using the data mode, read his ECM information it will tell you what flash he has.

From what Rick has said the another post if you have a bike that was flashed before you reflashed it with the RT then you need to get it put back to stock then reload your RT program. That should get you back up (or past) you buddy.

Als

·
Registered
98 Posts
List

Thanks for posting this list. I installed SE slip-on and a SE air filter. I went to a local dealer and told them I wanted the stage 1 download. When I got my invoice they had installed part#32065-02A in my 04 "B". I questioned them about the download because I could tell it was for the 16 SE DBs. I called the service guy again and he said that it was the correct download.

After I did my research and found this list I took the list to my dealer and showed it to him. My dealer said they would have to call Harley and find out what was correct. Needless to say, they had to order the correct cartridge and install the new program all for free. Now my bike is running and sounding good, but without knowing the correct part#, my bike would be running with the inncorect and out of date download.

·
AMF
423 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
It's a template telling you where to drill a hole in your air filter cover and a grommet to fill the hole and hold the IAT sensor. I think they charge $5.00 for the 20 cent grommet.

·
AMF
423 Posts
EFI Performance Cals -- Updated as of 6-1-06

These are the latest performance cals available. Disregard all previous posts for calibrations. Also note that most all performance cals are now only available as cartridges.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Two different part numbers for 06 VRSCSE

vrodjohn said:
These are the latest performance cals available. Disregard all previous posts for calibrations. Also note that most all performance cals are now only available as cartridges.
- Taking a look at the pdf for the 06 VRSCSE there are two part numbers listed - Cart P/N 34307-06 and CAL ID 34308-06 -- Which one to use? Also spedified SE Air Cleaner. No diff if use K&N? Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
lainteract said:
- Taking a look at the pdf for the 06 VRSCSE there are two part numbers listed - Cart P/N 34307-06 and CAL ID 34308-06 -- Which one to use? Also spedified SE Air Cleaner. No diff if use K&N? Thanks.

L...not trying to dominate your questions here...someone else confirm for him.

The SE air filter that HD sells is a paper element, but the physical size is the same as the K&N, which is a material that can be cleaned, re-oiled, and used over and over for the life of your bike...a one time investment, as opposed to buying new paper ones each time it needs to be replaced. The engine, with the exhausts, is only able to suck in so much air on it's own. The K&N is CAPABLE of greater air flow than the HD version...translated, this means that as the filter becomes dirty, the K&N will not begin to choke off the air intake on your engine, unlike the HD version which does not flow as much air to begin with, so if it gets partially dirty, will begin to decrease the amount of air available to your engine. Other than that, there is no difference. The problem with the stock filter, is that it is not able to deliver enough air to the engine when you put the SE pipes on and let the engine breathe.

The SE kit for all HD bikes use to use the K&N filter...up until 06, if I'm not mistaken, but for various reasons they started using a paper element. Works fine, but won't last.

K&N products are excellent...I use them on my cars, both bikes. I also use their oil filter...it contains almost three times the surface area than the HD version, plus it has a nut welded on the end for easy removal. Don't be mislead by HD's claim that their filters catch 5 micron particles...I will not get into all that here, but the K&N product is better for your engine.

Oh...just give both those numbers to your dealer...same thing, different method.

·
AMF
423 Posts
lainteract said:
The number to use is the cart p/n the other number is the internal id number for the calibration and will do you no good for ordering. Also note that as of late July, all cartridges have been made obsolete and will not be sold. All performance cals will be available only as digital tech downloads directly into your ecm. Once stock is depleted, you will not be able to purchase the cartridges. You will only be able to take your bike in for a download from the in-house system.

Anyone trying to buy a cartridge online cheaper, needs to try & do it now. If you wait, the cart you want may not be available.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How does a digital tech at H-D service access the download?

vrodjohn said:
The number to use is the cart p/n the other number is the internal id number for the calibration and will do you no good for ordering. Also note that as of late July, all cartridges have been made obsolete and will not be sold. All performance cals will be available only as digital tech downloads directly into your ecm. Once stock is depleted, you will not be able to purchase the cartridges. You will only be able to take your bike in for a download from the in-house system.

Anyone trying to buy a cartridge online cheaper, needs to try & do it now. If you wait, the cart you want may not be available.
Is ther a URL, website or other info that my service tech at my dealer needs to know. Telephone number for support?

·
AMF
423 Posts
lainteract said:
Is ther a URL, website or other info that my service tech at my dealer needs to know. Telephone number for support?
:hmm: If you are going to an HD dealer and he needs help in knowing where to get the info, leave immediately and find another dealer.

All franchised HD dealers have at least 1 Digital Tech terminal. In order to access the calibrations available, the tech will input your VIN and only the calibrations available for your bike will show up. There are 3 screens of cals, stock OE, street legal, and race. When the calibration is selected, it is shot into the ecm without interaction from the tech. All he has to do is wait for the process to complete.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts