Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 VRSCA-European bike.I have a PC3 and a Supertrapp V5 2:1 exhaust.Do any of you Guru's know if there is a difference on the European bikes compared to US bikes in the ECM considering air/fuel mixture?
I have tried various maps and what is recommended for my set-up from Dynojet is just stupidly rich.I don't know if my ECM is any way flashed eighter.
I have tried the diagnosis on the tach,but i can't get a number for the ECM on the bike on the screen eighter.I want my engine to have the best possible gas mileage without getting too lean.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The ECM is the same part number with different program.
The stacks and mid pipe are different and reduce airflow.

Did you change your velocity stacks?
Less air and less fuel = less hp. So, you've changed the pipe and the fuel but without the larger stacks the airflow will be limited so it should run rich.

Since the PC3 works with the ECM, were you given maps for the European ECM programs or just the US programs?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Every PC III map I've ever seen has been very rich. The standard answer to to any problem seems to be "dump in more gas".

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Every PC III map I've ever seen has been very rich. The standard answer to to any problem seems to be "dump in more gas".
just about every map i have downloaded from pwr cmdr`s website was very rich.. if i am going to tune a bike with a pwr cmdr i usually end up just starting with a zero map and creating the map from scratch..of course a rich map is a lot safer for the bike than one that has some lean spots, and runability is usually not too bad unless it is way too rich..

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
The ECM is the same part number with different program.
The stacks and mid pipe are different and reduce airflow. ...
From what I've heard only bikes sold in France have the restricted horsepower velocity stacks (all bikes there are limited to 100 HP). The rest of the HDI bikes have the same velocity stacks as the U.S. domestic bikes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! My bike does not have restricted velocity stacks.I have a KN-air filter and have cut of the"nose"from the upper air filter box and have drilled several holes in it,so it is some sort of semi-topless.It is the program for AF-mix i'm talking about yes.I have mailed Dynojet and they said that all their maps are based on US ECM,s.If there is another program for EU bikes it may mess up the already too rich maps even more.

Good point there Ibrown to start with a zero map and richen it for best performance instead of leaning out a way to rich map.Guess not a lot have experience with PC3 on EU-bikes compared too US bikes when it comes to if the maps may be leaner or richer..?

·
Another Aussie
91 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts